Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

bc question

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2008 at 4:59 PM
  • 4 Replies
ok i have been on the shot for like 2 years and i have completely lost all sex drive. i have gained alot of weight since being on it. is there a bc that will help me so i wont gain a lot of weight and have some sex drive?

by on Feb. 8, 2008 at 4:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
wondawoman
by on Feb. 8, 2008 at 5:14 PM
I understand what you feel. Along time ago, I decided to take b/c not for the reason not to get pregnant but because they said they would help with my bad periods...it was orthra something(can't remember). It was nice in the beginning but I was starting to feel the same thing you did...no sex drive and that is not like me...I only get that way around PMS but I was feeling like it all the time. I decided to get off of it...it really wasn't helping my period anyway....I would talk to your doctor. There are so many different types of B/C that i am sure your doctor can help you find one that helps you.....also you can look them up on the web before you agree to take them...do your homework to be safe. Good Luck...hope I helped alittle
MommyCaitlin
by on Feb. 8, 2008 at 5:16 PM
Anything with hormones in it makes me gain serious weight. You could try a diaphragm...
Hannahs_Mum
by on Feb. 8, 2008 at 5:18 PM
thanks for the advice
one of the reasons i went on it was because they said it would stop my period. i had horrible ones too. but i havent slept with my fiance in months it will be like 4 month or so periods in between when we do anything. i hate it. i gained too much weight too. i lost a lot after having my kid but then i went on the shot and gained it all back

knoxmomof2
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2008 at 7:13 AM
I too went on Depo for the same reason as you... and I too gained a lot of weight, and DH and I went long periods not having sex. I had the depression. I didn't realize just how bad things were until I went off it. I was horrible to DH. My sister had it for awhile and she had her period daily... she talked to her doctor about it and he said "it affects everyone differently.." If it's that unpredictable it should be taken off the market IMO.

Something to consider would be like the low estrogen ones, I guess? less hormones that way.. or a non-hormone birth control.. depression runs in my family, so I wanted to stay AWAY from anything that messed with my hormones.. not what I needed. good luck. I was so scared to go on any birth control after DS that we had DD! lol... they are 13 months apart... so, we have our boy and girl and we are done. DH got a vasectomy and I don't have to worry about it now.. *sigh* lol..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)