Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My little boy is getting sick...

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2008 at 6:42 PM
  • 4 Replies
My son is almost 16 months and fighting some kind of cold. He's been coughing a lot and has other such symptoms. My question: is it normal for him to be sleeping more? He's now on his third nap; before he got sick he was taking two really short naps. Today he just seems to want to sleep. I know that sometimes we need sleep when we're sick in order to get better, I just need some reassurance that letting him sleep is a good thing. Thanks ladies; I appreciate your advice.

Rox

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

DaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

by on Feb. 8, 2008 at 6:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Steph0079
by on Feb. 8, 2008 at 6:46 PM
Oh yea, babies are just like us....when they don't feel good they sleep more while their bodies are healing.

If you are like me and need to earn extra cash, check out this website.   You sign up, don't pay a thing, do a couple of surveys or refer your friends and you get a check.  I am  expecting my next one to be over $100!! It definately helps out when money is tight!  Check out the website and if you need any help message me and I will explain how to do the offers for free so you can get money without spending money! You aren't going to get rich, but every penny helps!  http://www.cashcrate.com/383789

Stephanie :)

mommy2chris2002
by on Feb. 8, 2008 at 6:47 PM
Yes, sleeping is good.  My son is 5 and he sleeps a lot more when he's sick.  I worry about it sometimes too, but most of the time the rest does him a world of good.  Just keep an eye on him and check for a fever often. 
jenjen81605
by on Feb. 8, 2008 at 6:47 PM
Of course letting him sleep is okay! Kids are just little people, they have the same needs as we do- like sleeping when they don't feel well.

Good luck!
knoxmomof2
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2008 at 2:23 AM
that's how I know DS is getting sick sometimes... he'll have no fever, no other symptoms for another 12 hours, but he's just laying around instead of active.. sure enough, eventually he'll be warm or whatever...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured