Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

milk question

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2008 at 8:19 PM
  • 5 Replies
i am starting my 1 year old on milk. i was wandering how others made the trasition from formula to milk? please help. what kind of milk did you start with? vitamin d?
by on Feb. 8, 2008 at 8:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mysteriousmom06
by on Feb. 8, 2008 at 8:20 PM

When I started my kids on milk I used vitamin D. I think its the kind they suggest for kids under 2 because of the fat content being higher.

cutiepie1987
by on Feb. 8, 2008 at 8:20 PM
I STARTED MY SON ON IT AT 12 MONTHS AND YES ONLY GIVE THEM VIDAMIN D AT FIRST.I DIDENT KNOW THAT AND PUT MY SON ON 2% AND HE GOT CONSTIPATED BUT WHEN I SWITCHED TO VITAMIN D HE WAS JUST FINE AND HE LOVES MILK!
GOOD LUCK
ARmom
by on Feb. 8, 2008 at 8:22 PM
Whole Milk.

I started adding milk to the formula bottles little by little.  I started with 2 oz milk, to 6 oz formula (and kept it warm).  Then depending how they do - you can increase the milk each day until the bottle is completely milk.  I kept warming the milk for some time too.

Hope this helps - my 3 kids were all a little different.  My dd took about a week to fully switch, but my 2 ds' took just a day or so.

Good luck!

Amy (ARmom)
Owner: Group Owner's Club   Mom's Fighting Cervical Cancer  Computer Savvy
Admin: Mom's Coffee Break Cafe!!  Classmates Connections / Procrastinators Procrastinating

yungmamma5488
by on Feb. 8, 2008 at 8:29 PM
I haven't put my son on milk yet, he has a ways to go. but i've read in a few books that whole milk until their 2 is best for them. the higher fat content helps them absorb the vitamins in the other foods best. but if you aren't sure i would ask your baby's doctor.
knoxmomof2
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2008 at 2:10 AM
we just switched them over as they turned 1.. nothing special... yes, whole milk is the way to go for now.. until they turn... 3 I think it is?? They need the fats in the whole milk..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured