Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weaning himself???

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2008 at 8:31 PM
  • 6 Replies
My son is nine months old and is formula fed. He has started to throw his bottle all the time instead of drinking. I am getting so frustrated! He wont take it for more than a suck or two at a time! I tried giving him a sippy cup thinking that maybe its just the bottle he has a problem with but he won take that either (he hasnt ever taken a sippy though). Hes too young to be done with formula! Do you think this is just a stage?? Please help me, i am losing patience very fast!

Come and join my group, My Workout Buddy!

by on Feb. 8, 2008 at 8:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
susie381
by on Feb. 8, 2008 at 8:35 PM

Maybe try the next stage nipple for the bottle he is using. It could be that it isn't giving him much to drink or that it is clogged. Has he used the same type of bottle the whole time. If he uses different types of bottles, maybe he would prefer one kind over another. Hope this helps.
Camsmommy515
by on Feb. 8, 2008 at 8:44 PM

Quoting susie381:

Maybe try the next stage nipple for the bottle he is using. It could be that it isn't giving him much to drink or that it is clogged. Has he used the same type of bottle the whole time. If he uses different types of bottles, maybe he would prefer one kind over another. Hope this helps.

I moved him up a stage thinking that that might be the problem but it hasnt helped, its just made the whole deal a lot messier. Hes been on the same nipple the whole time (went from drop-ins to ventair).

Camsmommy515
by on Feb. 8, 2008 at 8:56 PM
Please help me! Has anyone ever had this happen???

Camsmommy515
by on Feb. 8, 2008 at 11:08 PM
bump
louloulove
by on Feb. 8, 2008 at 11:15 PM

try the nuby sippy cups with the soft tops. they have them at walmart for under two dollars.  www.nuby.com they helped both of my daughters. i hope they help you!  

cyndie
knoxmomof2
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2008 at 2:07 AM
I think the Nuby cups are the way to go.. worked for our son... but be sure those nipples aren't getting clogged.. that was also an issue at one point.. it was the particular nipple we had, it liked to stick together..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured