Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

frustrating

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2008 at 8:01 AM
  • 7 Replies
I come to this site all the time and whenever I post a question, it gets lost in the bundle and 1 person responds. I know I respond to people when I think I can help or if I feel for them. I have put up 3 posts and on 2 I got 1 response and the other none. What's the deal? I see some who have 30, 40, 70 replies. Do people just pay attention to who wrote the post and answer who's their friend? I think this site is turning out to be a big joke and people aren't really interested in helping others, they just stick to their cliques!
by on Feb. 9, 2008 at 8:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Canyons_mom
by on Feb. 9, 2008 at 8:27 AM
I was just pondering the same thought the other day.  I only get 2 or 3 responses to my posts.  Maybe we're "boring" :)  I do wish I could get more responses when I ask a question about my son.  I"m a first time mom.  Two Master's degrees in the house doesn't help a bit when you're not certain about something!!!!

"There is only one beautiful baby in this world; and every mother has it."  

momlorac
by on Feb. 9, 2008 at 9:07 AM
I answer a question if I think I could help. I do not look at the name. It could be timing .I will answer a question if I can.
susiestacy
by on Feb. 9, 2008 at 10:52 AM

it kinda seems that if the post does not get a fight started then no one responds.  im sorry your ? didnt get replies. i dont look at names either.  if you want to talk , im usually on here on and off the whole day.

krysten78
by on Feb. 9, 2008 at 10:58 AM

LOL....Its funny that you say that because I have been wanting to ask a question for a few days now, and was trying to figure out the best time,day,etc. so it didn't just get pushed to the bottom.  I never even thought of that (people looking at names).  But I agree w/ the other poster - the 'debatable' posts get ALL the responses and that sucks!!!  
Just thought I would let you know you are not alone, it happens to me too.

landerbh
by on Feb. 9, 2008 at 11:00 AM
I am sorry no one responded. I only get a few responses too. I only respond to those I feel I can help or have experience with. You could try posting it to us and see if we can help.
Maribel1
by on Feb. 9, 2008 at 11:22 AM
I'm new to this but I rarely get n e responses either..I dont have many friends on cafemom so I dnt look at who wrote things but If I see a question that maybe I could help on I will respond to it..so dont feel bad or frustrated it happens to many of us..lol.
landerbh
by on Feb. 9, 2008 at 11:35 AM
What was your question? Also, I notice that if you belong to more groups you will most likely get more resonses. And if no one responds within a certain time frame you can always reply to it yourself to get it back on top of the list again. I have seen some other people do that.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN