Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

potty training advice?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2008 at 10:00 AM
  • 1 Replies
okay, i'm just starting to potty train my daughter (she'll be 2 in april, and I would really appreciate any advice and "tips" anyone might have to help this go easier on both of us! :) We've been talking to her about the potty and everything since november, and she seemed pretty interested, and she has already been telling us when she goes in her diaper.  Yesterday was the first day, and it went well. I sat her on the potty right by me when i was going, and I just said, "That's where you go potty. Do you think you can pee in the potty?" Her little eyes lit up and she smiled and looked down and just peed. I was so happy for her that i had tears in my eyes!! . Everything went well for the rest of the day, she only went successfully in the potty that one time, but she was telling me when she had to go, just a little to late to get her to the bathroom! She was really excited, and my husband and I made sure she knew how proud of her we were, even her grandparents let her know and she was sooo happy!!  Here's what I'm confused about: Today, we got up, and she wants absolutely nothing to do with the potty!! She will go in the bathroom with me when I go, but she doesn't even want to touch her potty.  I asked her if she needed to go potty, and she got really upset. I am lost here. What did I do wrong? I feel so bad that she's all upset about this. I wanted this to be a positive learning experience for the both of us, but now her attitude about it has changed and I have no idea what happened basically overnight. Please help!
angelshay27
by on Feb. 9, 2008 at 10:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
squidsmommy
by on Feb. 9, 2008 at 10:04 AM
Kids bounce back and forth all the time. Otherwise it would be an easy job to be a parent. Maybe tomorrow she won't get off her potty. I think you're doing fine. Have you bought her big girl undies? She may be interested in going on the potty then, but you also risk doing a lot more laundry. I don't think she would like feeling pee run down her leg. Good luck. I get to look forward to it in a few more months
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN