Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Introducing myself

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2008 at 11:12 AM
  • 2 Replies
Hi my name is Maribel...I am a stay at home mom right now..I'm pregnant with my second child and have a one year old I have to run after all he time..lol..If  n e body has some advice on how to make my son listen or possibly stop him from being soo spoiled...please please..let me know.
by on Feb. 9, 2008 at 11:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
mommamolly194
by on Feb. 9, 2008 at 11:20 AM
Welcome!!! 1 yr!!! Fun age,  I have a 2 yr old and a 4 mos old.  Listening! Ha!  running is how we lose are baby weight!!!!!!  I am in the same boat.  I use distraction,  a new pot and pan to play with or mommy's purse (minus the choking hazards of course!)
Momof4whomebiz
by on Feb. 9, 2008 at 11:25 AM
Hi! Don't know if this will help or not cuz every kids different. I have 4. I've recently been able to become a stay-at-home mom for the first time. Yeah for me! But, it's been working with my two youngest that are 4 and 3 and a little boy I keep on Mondays that's 1. Be consistent in what and how you're saying something, especially when it's a "No, No" or a re-direction process. My sister has always said "Patience is a Virtue", boy, is she right!  It's also a habit that you have to learn and train yourself to. A child can feel the vibes of frustation coming off of you and they will feed on it by continuing to do what they're not supposed to. Just keep trying and it will get better.  Everything is harder and a slower procees when dealing with little ones while prego. I had to be on bed-rest for 7 weeks with my youngest and still try to keep my youngest son wrangled. I ended up closing off all the extra rooms and super child proofing the okay area so that we weren't confined in my bedroom and bathroom. He played with the approved toys and books of the day in the living room floor with a movie here and there on the TV while I stayed layed down either on the love seat or in the folded out coach bed.
Good Luck and Congrats!
Juli, mom to 4 extraordinary kids!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN