Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Anyone have a VW Jetta and 2 babies?

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2008 at 7:32 PM
  • 7 Replies
I have a 2007 Volkswagen Jetta and a 1.5 yr old son. We have one on the way. My son is 26lbs and florward facing, and we have him behind the driver side seat. The only place the rear facing infant seat fit was between the seats.... so my question is, you Jetta owners, do both carseats fit or am i screwed? I havent been able to try out two carseats yet. The infant carrier is at my inlaws in FL and we are in Arkansas. We get it next month.

Here is my son's carseat- its an evenflo convertible

and the infant carrier is a Graco carseat/ stroller combo

am i gonna have to get a bigger car??? lol...

by on Feb. 23, 2008 at 7:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MomoColby
by on Feb. 23, 2008 at 7:54 PM
Never thought I'd see this post. I actually own a 98 Jetta and we have a 3 yr old and an 8 month old.  The car works, it's a little cramped, but the infant seat did fit.  I found that I had to move the pasengers side seat forward in order for the infant seat to fit.  But my next car will definately be bigger.  My fiancee owns a 95 Audi and it's not much bigger...we're toughing it out!
-Sarah, mom of 1-
CafeMom Admin
by Group Admin on Feb. 23, 2008 at 7:56 PM
Hi mrswhitey07,

In addition to posting your question here, you may also want to join one of the groups on CafeMom and post your question there too.

You may be interested in this group: Car Seat Safety:  http://www.cafemom.com/group/5739/

You can also search for a group based on your interests at: http://www.cafemom.com/groups/find.php

We hope you enjoy CafeMom!

< The CafeMom Admin Team
mrswhitey07
by on Feb. 23, 2008 at 9:27 PM

Thats a relief! I am glad that the baby will only be in the infant seat for a few months! My son had to switch to a rear facing, reclining convertible when he was 5 months old because he was so long.

Thansk for the help:)

misicampbell
by on Feb. 24, 2008 at 11:42 AM

We have a jetta, my husband and I are short...we could of "made it work" but we went and bought a cheap used mini-van! We also have the same car seats for both kids now and they will fit but its tight! Good luck!

MrsMac05
by on Feb. 24, 2008 at 11:53 AM
We have a 02 Jetta, we put our oldest (2yrs old) behild the drivers seat so my husband as more leg room and the baby is behind the passenger seat.  We have to move up the passenger seat so the infant seat will fit in properly but I have short legs.  It will work but it is a little cramped.  Luckily we usually use the Durango...my husband uses the Jetta. 

Sarah
J_Frotten
by on Feb. 24, 2008 at 11:56 AM
i had a smaller car than that before i got my rav4 i was in a two door little tiny mirage coupe ( mitsubishi ) and i got my sons seat and my daughers baby carrier/carseat in it fine it was a bit cramped but they both fit soo if i can get that into a tiny two door car im pretty sure your fine lol

Loving wife to David and Mommy to Riley James and Madeline Rose

mbamom265
by on Feb. 24, 2008 at 11:57 AM
My sis had a jetta with 2 car seats..not a problem
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)