Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Dead Beat DAD again ?!?!

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2008 at 2:00 AM
  • 3 Replies
My name is Cynthia, I am 37 and going through my second divorce. I have three beautiful boys (14, 13 and 4). My first husband (father to my eldest two) is one of those deadbeats who doesn't pay child support and likes to play the system. You know that whole three months or $3000 behind deals. Jan 2 he would have been 90 days behind and the state promised me that they would take action, as he has not paid a dime since Sept 2, 2007. Well he waited until the 89th day and paid a whopping $60; in order to buy himself three more months of non pay. This has been the habit for 13 years.  He was also ordered to carry their insurance, which he has never done. 

While I was married to him, he got a girl from his high school pregnant. Then he married her while still married to me, the judge signed our divorce papers three days after his new marriage. Well that lasted a whopping 8 years, now they are divorcing. He brags on himself like he is some sort of saint and such a good guy--here's your sign! So this morning I found out that he has yet another girl pregnant with his 7th child. Yes I said 7th.

Oh I almost forgot that as I am sure he will be taking advantage of some of the laws in VA. For example the electric company not being allowed to turn off  power for non pay as long as there is a child less than two in the household. Yup, he has done it and is doing it again. So now this new girl is pregnant and what upsets me is that he has never provided for or taken care of his other children and what message is this sending to my kids.

The way it is:  he is mass producing and pawning the kids off on other people for the raising, not paying his support and not working and playing mens softball all the time (10 months a year) AND STILL HE BOASTS IN THE REWARD OF HIS YOUNGER CHILDREN AS IF HE HAS DONE NO WRONG, STILL GETTING VISITATION AND ALL. This is not responsible behavior and surely to God shouldn't it be considered. I want so badly to do something--BUT WHAT?

Help--Cynthia
by on Feb. 24, 2008 at 2:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
2scoutmom
by on Feb. 24, 2008 at 2:21 AM

Quoting cjbyt07:

Oh I almost forgot that as I am sure he will be taking advantage of some of the laws in VA. For example the electric company not being allowed to turn off  power for non pay as long as there is a child less than two in the household. 
I am sorry your ex is such an a**, I don't know what you can do other than raise your children with the right morals and values so that they do not walk in his footsteps.
I live in VA and used to work for Dominion Pwr, this is not a law. When the applicants apply for power, information is not taken on children in the home. There are company policies regarding temperatures, but that is about all that can stop the power company from not term srvc for non payment.

Can you refuse the payment on the 89th day? Be unreachable that day?

Hunter, 11                               Justin, 9

taracv
by on Feb. 24, 2008 at 2:36 AM
What a jacka**  Remember, the best revenge is living well.  Do the best you can for what you are given...Someday (hopefully sooner than later) Karma will step in and send him a reality check...I know in the state where we live, when the temperature gets a certain point during the spring, the winter moritorium is over.....SO  maybe when the cut off date comes he wont have any money to pay and then he will really be up a creek without a paddle...  Do your children still see him regularly?  If he is in default for not carrying their insurance maybe there is something that can be done.  I would contact your lawyer and ask, and if you dont have one, I would call down to a courthouse in your area and ask to speak to someone in the law library.  Usually those people are so sharp and know where to find the information you are looking for in a flash.  Good luck!
needtochat
by on Feb. 24, 2008 at 9:03 AM

Honey -there is nothing you can do except get assistants from the state. but Im not sure how that works for moms --I do know Im raising my sons oldest son Ive had since he was six months old and hes 14 now ---his mom pays the state back what they give me which is only 180.00 a month but I get it every month --my son is a dead beat dad he has 4 children by three women --his oldest was raised by her mothers mom she is 20 now and in prison whole nother story---
 it breaks my heart cause he wasnt raised that way but the drugs and alcohol addiction overtook him --- -I use to get on him all the time but -I dont hear from  him in much anymore --he only works here and there to get enough for his habit and gets payed cash-----good luck sweetie
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN