Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Should I Charge????

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2008 at 5:35 AM
  • 5 Replies
My aunt goes back to work in May. She asked me to care for her daughter who will be 3 1/5 mos in May. I agreed. I will care for her from 7:30 to 5 pm. Day care around here in Bay Ridge, Bk, NYC is $265-$300 a wk, a nanny charges $500 a week. I did my research when I almost went to work. Anyways, how much should i charge?

HELP! This is driving me mad!
by on Feb. 24, 2008 at 5:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
BellaTrix44
by on Feb. 24, 2008 at 5:40 AM
hmm....9 1/2 hrs thats alot with a 3y/o. Id say family discount maybe $150-$200 a wk. Cause im assuming if she had money shed take the baby to daycare right? And if she doesnt she may be able to apply for daycare benefits and the govt. will pay you for sitting the child as they would pay a center. Just a thought.

*Click Logo* To Shop My Avon Store

mmtosam06
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2008 at 5:41 AM
NoahsMom07
by on Feb. 24, 2008 at 5:48 AM
That sounds reasonable. I hate taking money from family. She and hubby defin dont qaulify for govnt help. My sp is off bc Im on my phone. They make atleast $80 to $100k a yr. She has told me this.
Quoting mmtosam06:

id say 175 or 165  its still cheaper than daycare costs & nanny costs

squidsmommy
by on Feb. 24, 2008 at 8:04 AM
Personally, I think you ought to sit down with her and discuss what you both think is fair, that way there are no hurt feelings and nobody feels burned
4x2
by on Feb. 24, 2008 at 8:33 AM
Don't undervalue yourself!!  If they are making good money then their motivation might be to have their baby in a loving safe environment and help you out with a good job.  I would sit down with her and ask her what she is thinking of paying you.  Then you can go from there.  Also ask her what else she expects of you during those hours and if there will be extra money for that. 

Having your baby in a safe, loving environment is priceless ... let them pay you what you are worth! 
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN