Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

My situation is so complicated..

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2008 at 5:52 AM
  • 5 Replies
I  have a 2 year old son and another one on the way and I also go to school full-time in the evenings so that my mom can take care of my son. I dont have childcare and wouldnt be able to afford it  plus once the baby comes theres no way I would be able to get a job because I will have a newborn. How am I suppose to get a job, the father is a loser and doesnt help for nothing because he would rather party. My mom watches my son so I can to school at night but  she wont be able to watch my kids in the morning because of her job. What  am I going to do? I wish I can work from home so I can be with my kids but  what job would allow me to do that?I have no job now  so im living off  of my student loan money but  Im almost out . I am trying to do my best but I feel like all the doors and options are closing on me. What can I do.. ?
by on Feb. 24, 2008 at 5:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
morna_fae
by on Feb. 24, 2008 at 6:06 AM
As hard as it may seem, you may have to get some government support. Is the father paying child support? If not there should be a program you can sign up on that helps you with money, in my state it's k-tap ( i live in KY.) So check with your local social workers, some places even provide child care, or at least the costs of childcare.
SuNShiNe232
by on Feb. 24, 2008 at 6:20 AM
I applied a few months ago of last year for child support and I havent gotten any check nor letters. I applied for assistance and they said that I didnt qualify . Nothing ever works out for me.
knoxmomof2
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2008 at 7:50 AM
How can you not qualify if you have no income? Just curious... I mean, isn't that what state programs are for? Especially considering that you're a single mom. Single moms seem to take priority when it comes to state aid. We were on assistance a few years ago for a couple of months and we as a family of 4 weren't eligible for a couple of programs BECAUSE I wasn't a single mom.

Not  trying to be nosy with that first question, but maybe there was a mistake?
hugnkiss111405
by on Feb. 24, 2008 at 10:27 AM
i also am a single mom without the father in the oicture he is in jail and has been since pregnancy ive also triend to get state help but was also denied i dont really have much to say that will help you but i know how you feel and if you need to talk i will listen
gypsydancer7
by on Feb. 24, 2008 at 10:31 AM
You should be able to get public assistance if you have your own place. If you dont- they prolly wont give it to you.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN