Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2008 at 10:47 AM
  • 4 Replies
I was kicked out of my mother's house with two kids and came to austin.  I lived in a shelter for 3 months.  I now have a place of my own and a great job.  Except I find myself fighting with my teenage daughter all the time.  I don't want her with me anymore.  She just drives me crazy.  And I hate that my mother was so mean to my father when he was sick with cancer.  After he passed away.  She said she did not love him.  She's a christian.  I don't understand!!!
by on Feb. 24, 2008 at 10:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
squidsmommy
by on Feb. 24, 2008 at 11:15 AM
I don't mean to sound mean, but how can you reject your daughter like that? She's a teenager and I'm sure your mom wanted to get rid of you when you were a teen, but you're not done raising her. It's your responsibility to raise her and no one said it's an easy job. I can't believe that you would just give up on your daughter because you two argue and she drives you crazy. I think that's horrible! Also, I feel bad for your mother for feeling like she needed to stay with a man she didn't love.
Smcclellan7080
by on Feb. 24, 2008 at 11:17 AM
First off your mom is what a lot of people call "a so-called christian". They are the ones that are goody-goody in church etc, but in private are back stabbing,etc. As for your teenager sit her down and tell her that you would like to talk to her, not fight with her. Try to find out what is going on with her that is causing the problems between you. Maybe you two can figure it out together and make your relationship better. I hope that helps. If you need a friend let me know.

Suzanne
Group Owner- Just For Drama   http://www.cafemom.com/group/37802
mdmom
by on Feb. 24, 2008 at 11:17 AM
My kids drive me crazy all the time..
momonajourney
by on Feb. 24, 2008 at 11:37 AM
I'm sure you didn't get out everything you wanted to say. It's hard to get it all out.

I can't imagine having to live in a shelter with your children, but you got yourself out of there and are trying to provide for your children. Congrats to you for that...
Your daughter is a teenager. I raised three, there were times I felt like giving up too.

But don't be your mother. I'm sorry she was never honest with you but I know the feeling of not knowing what or what not to discuss with your children at any age.

Go get counseling for you and your daughter, if anything; do it for yourself. It sounds that you have had one path to travel and you don't want to be astranged from your daughter the way your mom has distanced herself from you. Your baby is still your baby and is still a baby who has been through alot as well, it's only natural that she is going through her own issues. There is so much as a teenager goes through, she needs you more than ever now.

Don't dwell on what your mom is doing or has done at this point...Focus on what you are building for yourself and your kids. You can deal with your feelings about your mom later...Time does some miraculous things...

Just Breathe....
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured