Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sooo here's the thing. I love my mother, we have a special bond that I don't know of anyone else having with their mother. She did a wonderful job raising me and my sister. She would be the first to tell you that we never once talked back to her or tried to sneak out or felt like we couldn't talk to her. Whenever she told us we couldn't do something or go somewhere we never got the excuse "because I said so." She always gave us a legitamate reason for why she said no. I have an always will respect her. Well heres the thing, while I'm at work she watches my son...for free.... I have tried to pay her but she refuses. She has been wonderful. My SO is away in the army and she helps me anyway she can. Well my son is 3 months old, and she told me the other day that she has started feeding him rice cereal mixed with my breastmilk, making it really soupy, and feeding it too him. And feeding him mashed bananas. I don't agree with this, I think he's too young. And it kinda upset me that she didn't ask me first. I asked her if she thought that maybe he might be a little young and she said that thats what she did with me when I was 3 months. All the advise she has given me so far has been golden. But for some reason this one is bothering me. Does anyone think that this is too young? He has been EBF since he was born. Do you think this could do him harm? I turned out ok, so why am I freaking?
by on Feb. 24, 2008 at 10:33 PM
Replies (11-12):
jms124
by on Feb. 26, 2008 at 9:55 AM
IMO, the rice won't do anything to them.  Both my kids (both preemies) got it from when they started feeding.  One was started one it in the NICU.  I don't know about the bananas though.

Mommy To A Preemie BlinkieProfessional Mommy BlinkieHappily Married Blinkie
C-Section Mama Blinkie PCOS Awareness Blinkie

Sorry for the typos...I have a baby in one arm and a toddler on my lap.

britchen1970
by on Feb. 27, 2008 at 12:01 AM

Quoting chocchpcooke:

Quoting britchen1970:

I think you are a wonderful mother and daughter. you respect your mother and that's great but you have a right to disagree as well. You are the mother know and I am shure your mom would feel like you. Try to tell in how much you appreciate what she does. That's the time when you can tell her all the things you just told us...then put your concern into a question like ...do you think he is to young....and then ...what do you think about that...
This will make her feel like she is still giving your a good advise. Then bring your concern across by adding ...maybe we should wait a bit...
I always listen to my instinct and usually that's the right thing ....you also have that motherly instinct now. Make shure your mom understands that, try to stay away from blaming her...good luck and I wish I had my mom to help me out the way your mom does.
Omgosh thank you so much that was very sweet of you. I will give what you said a try the next time I see her. Again thank you.
your very welcome..anytime. Let me know how it went.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured