Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stressed

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2008 at 11:03 AM
  • 8 Replies
Hey all....This is my first time on here, and I dont really know what I am doing. Hopefully im doing this right.

I am feeling extremely overwhelmed and stressed out to the point where my stomach is hurting. I am 7 months pregnant and i am worried about my little one. I know that i am stressed, but I cant seem to find anything that will help me with this. Ive tried walking...reading...etc. any advice?
by on Feb. 26, 2008 at 11:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Kathy216
by on Feb. 26, 2008 at 1:48 PM
why are you so worried?
shirley67
by on Feb. 26, 2008 at 1:51 PM
 hope you geting better!
mcfadden83
by on Feb. 26, 2008 at 1:52 PM
Its not that i am so much worried, I guess im jsut nesting, and my husband doesnt understand how many things need to be done before she gets here. He is sooo laid back and things dont see to bother him...at all. Hes the majority of my stress right now.
Pumamama
by Member on Feb. 26, 2008 at 2:05 PM
I felt stress with both pregnancies (my second is due in a month), but my first was really stressful for me. I can't recommend yoga enough. It may be hard, 'cause if you are like me, pregnancy zaps all energy, but oh it is so good for mind and body. I also took time, usually at night to talk or think to my baby and reassure her that my worries are mine and all she has to do is grow healthy and strong and mama will take care of everything. It probably helped me more 'cause those little moments of bonding helped ground me. Make sure you snack throughout the day. For me, anxiety got worse when my blood sugar dropped. It may just be some fruit or yogurt, glass of milk or a protein bar. It doesn't take much to just keep that (healthy) sugar up. It would help me too, both times, when I could buy something for the baby or somehow prepare for her--it's the nesting thing. If it gets really bad, don't be afraid to talk to your doctor about it. I had so much anxiety at one point, I did take Celexa for a couple of months when I was pregnant. I'd prefer to not take anything of course, but it can get to a point where it may be better for baby that mama is calmed down. I went off of it about a month before delivery just to be sure the baby wouldn't experience any kind of withdrawal when she was born, even though my OB said she'd be fine. And give yourself a break. It's an emotional and very weird time and there is no "right" way to feel. Hope you feel better soon.
liltexred
by on Feb. 26, 2008 at 2:05 PM
i get it, girl... i painted, put in flooring, replaced electric sockets, set up the crib, EVERYTHING that had to be done, but mainly because my hubby worked so much (and that was with the first one) with the second one i was on bedrest form 22 weeks, because my daughter tried to come out starting at 18 weeks and was obviously going to push the issue, and i also had a 3-year-old to take care of and a move half-way accross the country to plan and a house to try and sell.. SO, i say this... CHILL OUT.. remember that no matter what you do you will never get it all done just how you want or feel you need (if you're as obsessive compulsive as i am!!).. take it one day at a time and just say to your hubby "hey, can you please help me with this so i stopped being so stressed? it's only natural and if we get it done i can relax some" and remember, if you're stressed, the baby's stressed and it can bring on pre-term labor/delivery... and take a long, hot bath.. will help relax you and baby... hope this helps!! -- ltr
Pumamama
by Member on Feb. 26, 2008 at 2:12 PM
Quoting mcfadden83:

Its not that i am so much worried, I guess im jsut nesting, and my husband doesnt understand how many things need to be done before she gets here. He is sooo laid back and things dont see to bother him...at all. Hes the majority of my stress right now.

If it's hard to buy anything without him, you can make lists, research what it is you need/want for the baby, list prices--most things can be bought online. Appointments coming up, prep classes, ultrasounds you may want him to attend. Guys are visual, so maybe it would help him to see it written out and you may feel better to at least have it planned out. He may deal with stress by procrastinating or denying the need to get things done. I was in labor and my husband was sure they would just give me a pill and send me home! And there is a lot you can go ahead and do without him, and if he complains, just tell him to get on the ball cause the baby is already here. Guys need to SEE the baby, they don't get that's its already in your belly. Guys are frustrating, I know. But you may just have to lead the way on this one. Good luck.
mcfadden83
by on Feb. 26, 2008 at 7:37 PM
thank you to all that have given me advice. I have taken it all in and we will see what happens. I am going to try the Yoga and hopefully this will calm me down a bit. Thanks again!!
rockymtnclouds
by on Feb. 26, 2008 at 11:46 PM

Is this your first child?  I have to say, what you're feeling is completely normal.  Make sure you get plenty of sleep because it's good for your nerves and helps to calm you and find some good ways that you like to relax.  For me, it was spending time with family members.  Stressing over things isn't good for you or the baby.  The baby will come whether things are ready for her or not.  That's the good news!  Babies are such a blessing and the fact that your husband is so laid back is also a blessing.  Many people would love to be in your shoes.  Some women can't have babies, and some can't find a good husband.  You have both!  How lucky is that?!  Years ago when I was born, my mother placed me and my twin sister in a drawer to go to sleep in.  That's just the way they did things back then.  Things just weren't fancy and themed like they are nowadays while we're having kids.  Just remember that the best thing is that you're having a baby to a wonderful man and everything else will fall into place.  It might not be in your timing, it will most likely be in his timing.  But, nonetheless, things will get done because he loves you.  I, too, have a husband that's laid back and to this day many things go undone or done later than I'd like.  But, I have to tell you that I thank God that I have my husband here with me everyday and that we're all healthy.  That's all that really matters!  Nothing else does, and when you see your little baby for the first time, you'll know that!  You'll also be glad you got that sleep I told you to take.   :-)   Congratulations on your little one that's on the way!       

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured