Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Confused

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2008 at 4:36 PM
  • 5 Replies
ok heres my story. I'm 7 weeks prego w/my second. 1st father not around. i work at a farm store. so we have spring and fall busy times. Im due in october around a kind of busy time of the year. My bosses are now on vacation, so i cant tell any one, due to i want to be the one to break it to my bosses. im afraid of getting fired, due to my boss is a spoiled brat and not the best one to work for, just have to know her. my second job is as a bartender, and my current bf, father of baby coming, wants me to quite my bartender job, due to he is a worry wart. I like the bartender job, due to it is a little bit of my social life, a way to meet people in my area. i understand where he is coming from. But im so worried about maybe losing my first job that i don't want to quite the second one yet. What do i do? and on top of things, my cousin was due around the same time i was, and everyone knew about her pregnancy, she just lost her baby the day after i found out about mine, so now i dont think i should tell that side of the family. am I doing the right thing from keeping it from my mom and them because of my cousin?...so confuesed.....
by on Feb. 26, 2008 at 4:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
gypsydancer7
by on Feb. 26, 2008 at 4:40 PM
Definately tell your mom. Ask her advice about telling the rest of the family. I say keep the bartending job as long as its a NON-SMOKING establishment. If people smoke there- QUIT. How long have you been at the farm sotre? job? If its more than 3 months, they CANNOT fire you and they are required to give at least 3 months unpaid for maternity leave.

Good Luck and Congrats
babygurl620
by on Feb. 26, 2008 at 4:47 PM
the only problem i have with telling my mom is she has a big mouth. love my mom to death, but its true. and its not a non-smoking establishment, so thats where i see the whole worry thing. and i have been at this farm job since november of last year. so for almost 4 months now. my 4 month aniversary will be in the begining of march.
knoxmomof2
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2008 at 4:52 PM
Well, same as OP about the job. As long as it's non-smoking, stay with the job you like. If not, the Farm Store is better than nothing and you won't be subjected to smoke.

As far as telling people, I would say wait until you are 3 months along. They say the chance of losing the baby is significantly less after the first trimester..

Congrats!
TXMOM00
by on Feb. 26, 2008 at 8:33 PM
i am sorry to hear about your cousin, but they're gonna find out eventually. maybe this could be some good news for your family!
as far as your job, i would wait and tell your boss in person. maybe they will be more understanding than you think. it is probably a good idea to keep the bartending job for now... maybe when you start showing you'll get some really great tips!
i have known a few prego bartenders and the people in the bar seemed to have enough respect for them. i know we tipped better when we found out our regular was prego!
5smom
by on Feb. 26, 2008 at 9:46 PM
Id tell your mom and anyone else that you feel confirtable tell. You can't keep it a secret for ever. Its better to do it now and not have people angry forever at you when you tell them later.
I'd wait on quitting the 2nd job until you settle things with the 1st. I understand that you want to keep the 2nd job too. But you might need it if the 1st job doesn't want to be understanding about your pregnancy.
Good luck!

5smom
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured