Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Listening

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2008 at 6:16 PM
  • 1 Replies

I have a four year old daughter and I am a single parent and when she was first born I really spoiled her and babied her and now I am really regretting it because I am having a really hard time getting her to listen to me. Everybody suggests hit her on her hand when she doesn't listen but I really do not feel comfortable doing this. Does anybody have any advice so that I can get her to start listening to me without me having to ask her twenty times or yell at her thanks!

by on Feb. 26, 2008 at 6:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
5smom
by on Feb. 26, 2008 at 10:10 PM
As a mom of 5 (15, 13,11,9 and 2 1/2) Listening will always be an issue. Since you do not want to spank or anything like that, try taking a fav toy or video or something special away. That usually works too. You can also be a little more creative and have a "points" system.  Put a penny ( or any money amount) in a jar every time she listens. Take one out when she doesn't. When the jar is full or whatever, you can use that money to take her Mickey D's or get a prize at the store or something.
You will have to keep after her. She will be in school soon and listening is really important to the teachers.
Good Luck!
5smom
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)