Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bottles....

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2008 at 8:01 PM
  • 8 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you prepare formula bottles on demand or in advance for the day?

Options:

On demand

In advance

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 30

View Results

I was just wondering wheter moms out there prepare bottles for their LOs on demand or in advance?  Which would be easier?
by on Feb. 26, 2008 at 8:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Kyliesmomamia
by on Feb. 26, 2008 at 8:07 PM
seems like alot of on demands...
mysteriousmom06
by on Feb. 26, 2008 at 8:13 PM
I put on demand b/c that's what I did with my last one. But with him I stayed home so I didn't really need to fix them ahead of time. Now with my first 2 I was still in school and my grandmother watched them. For them I prepared the bottles the night before and then sent them with the kids.
jepelican
by on Feb. 26, 2008 at 8:29 PM
I fix mine on demand.  I do put the water in the bottles and just add the formula when it is time to eat.

I don't fix them in advance because I don't want to have to warm up bottles.  She has always taken hers at room temp. 

Can you take a bottle out of the fridge and feed them cold?
alalsip
by on Feb. 26, 2008 at 8:39 PM
I did in advance with my first.  It was easier.  I would put it in the microwave to warm it up, I just made sure to shake it good to get rid of the "hot spots".  If you pull it out of the microwave without shaking it, you can burn the baby.  I also had to do concentrate with lots of cereal for her to gain weight, and it was high calorie. 

Come join us at 2007 and 2008 Breastfeeding Babies!!!

Thanks to Heartfelt Signitures and 2Sweetpeaz!

jajamama
by on Feb. 26, 2008 at 8:41 PM
all day time bottle were on demand but before i went to bede i would prepare the midnight one and leave it in the firdge then just heat it up ondemand it was eaier for me that way
Heathersmorin
by on Feb. 26, 2008 at 8:42 PM
i always made about 4-6 bottles up the night before. It save time and they dont have to wait. And my son like his bottle cold, not room temp not warmed up, COLD when he turned about 4 months old. thats the main reason i started doing it.
jennjj11
by on Feb. 26, 2008 at 8:45 PM
I always perpare my bottle the night before. After making the botles they are good for 48 hours. So I would make enough for the day, it was much easier that way. 
mom2ljh
by on Feb. 26, 2008 at 8:47 PM
I prepare ahead for the day.  DS is on an increased calorie diet so his formula can only be mixed in odd amounts, not the normal 2oz increments.  He gets 7oz, 3-4 times a day, but I can't mix 7oz on demand, just the way it has to be done so I mix 21oz at a time.  That way I know I won't waste it, because he always takes at least 3 cups.

Amanda

Mommy to Landon born 6/21/07 @ 34 weeks
Dxed reflux, Zantac twice daily, Nutramigen 24cal

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured