Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need advice on my 3 1/2 year old peeing!

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2008 at 9:29 PM
  • 2 Replies
I have three children for which I stay home with. A five year old girl, my three 1/2 year old son and a 13 month old girl. My son has been potty trained for well over 6 months now. It wasn't easy....however, he got there. He was plenty ready....he just pulls his "lazy", don't want to listen to you crap that slowed the process down! So, with that said.....7 months later he is starting to pee his pants!! What is that!!? It's not all the time. My husband and I are trying to pin point exactly what it may be in his life that is "triggering" this behavior. I can say that he has a 4 1/2 year old cousin who is dealing with some anger issues and although my son doesn't have anger issues, my nephew some times pees his pants while we are with him. I am wondering if maybe my son thinks this is alright and has taken up that bad behavior? He only pees his pants for a couple days after we visit them. Then it stops.  Is he really that smart? I thought I am raising him to know better than that. I often talk about the behaviors that his cousin has and how it's not ok and that Ashton (my son's name) is bigger than that and how it's not exceptable.
Today he pee'd three times!!!! He knows the drill....when this happens he gets put in time out for three minutes (which he hates) and then if it happens again I will put him in a diaper. He did and we did! He faught us tooth and nail...which is what I wanted him to do...I don't want him to like the diaper. However, he did it a third time. Smiled about it. I forced him to put a diaper on and I forced him to sleep with it on. I told him that if he wanted to act like a baby then I will treat him like one. He will wear the diaper to bed and we will start fresh tomorrow.
My question for all of the mom's willing to help me.....am I doing the right thing? Also, I have already decided, with my husband, that Ashton will no longer be able to see his cousin until he gets his anger issues out of the way and we will see in the mean time if Ashton stops peeing his pants. Does that sound right? Any suggestions for us, with the information given, would be sooooo very very appreciated! Feel free to ask ?'s too so you know what I've done etc. I don't want to write a book here!!!
Crystal J.
by on Feb. 26, 2008 at 9:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
shetibo
by on Feb. 26, 2008 at 9:33 PM
it sounds like you are handling it? i havent been in your situation yet, but i hope some moms who have can give you some good advice! but it sounds like you got it!

Parenting has it's advantages:

Now when I talk to myself, people assume

I'm talking to the baby.

proudmamaofash
by on Feb. 26, 2008 at 9:36 PM
I am questioning everything I am doing with him. He has always been my hardest child. Even when he was 7 months old! We have bumped heads! LOL  I know he knows better and I want to make sure that the decisions I am making are right.......
Crystal J.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured