Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Airplane Trip with 3 year old

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2008 at 1:07 AM
  • 1 Replies
We are finally getting a vacation! Yeah!!! My sister lives in LA, so we thought we would take our 3 year old daughter, Gabby to see Anunt Lynda and to go to Disneyland to visit Mickey. Gabby is celebrating being 1 year post heart transplant on March 6 - so we think she deserves it!!

I have a question about carseats on airplane and rental car. She is 3 so she will have her own seat. Will she need to sit in a carseat on the airplane? If so, is it her regular carseat or something special? We are renting a car when we get there so she will need a carseat when we get there.. What is best? Should we take the car seat to have her sit in it on the plane, take the car seat and check it, or rent a car seat from the car rental company?

We are on a budget, so what is the best way to go? She hasn't flown since she was 1, and she just sat on my lap then, so I'm not sure what he rules are.

if anyone knows - give me some input.
Thanks!!!!

Lara

Let Me Be Your Avon Independant Sales Rep! Visit my online store at www.youravon.com/liezzi  Use Code FSFF for FREE Shipping!

Love Tupperware? Contact Me to Host Your Home, Catalog, or Online Party for lots of FREE Tupperware!www.my2.tupperware.com/laraiezzi

by on Feb. 27, 2008 at 1:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
razmatazthespaz
by on Feb. 27, 2008 at 6:21 AM
i didn't know the answer so i looked it up and this is one of the things i found

www.thecarseatlady.com/airplanes/airplanes.html

but from the other stuff i read, i guess it's kind of a big deal.

but i would call customer service at the airline and ask if they have toddler seats or if you have to bring one, or even if a three year old is old enough to not have one. nothing i read actually said an age or wieght limit so!!! i suggest more research.
Photobucket
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN