Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

My son is sick alot,we dont really go anywhere so i dont understand.

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2008 at 7:25 PM
  • 7 Replies

I dont know what to do he is always sick it seems like and everyone keep saying it's ok it's normal or it''s flu season but i cant help but feel it's something im doing wrong. Somebody please give me some advice.

by on Feb. 27, 2008 at 7:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
evercass
by on Feb. 27, 2008 at 7:32 PM
As long as you are doing all the normal precautional things like washing your hands often, keeping things clean around the house, and all that, I think it's normal.  Some kids are just like that.  My littlest sis is still like that and she's 16, I think it's just their immune systems.  Don't worry so much, as long as he's happy and you do your best it will be fine. 
mamajojo
by on Feb. 28, 2008 at 11:20 AM
sometimes being cooped up in the house and not going anywhere can make you sick.  the germs have no where to go but inside the hosue and in your body.  Play outside at least 30 min a day to help cleanse your body and get some fresh air.  We just went through a period where everybody in this house was sick.  I let the kids play out side every few days and within a week or two, they were fine.  its also something the docotr reccomends also.  as cool winter air can help you breathe better when you have a cold and get your temp down and relieve nausae when you have the flu. 
nikieis
by on Feb. 28, 2008 at 11:24 AM
i have a little one like that and she will get some thing and get over it and like a week to 2 weeks later she would have some thing again. the doc put her on a multi vitamin like flinstones and allergy med (zertec) and she is now doing much better. also it maybe allergies so make sure to keep the house real clean from any alergins.

NIKIE

group owner-THE SPICY MAMMA'S ROOM  http://www.cafemom.com/group/spicymom

group owner-MOM'S WITH A WILD SIDE  www.cafemom.com/group/wildside

group owner-WILD AND SPICY EROTIC STORIES  www.cafemom.com/group/erotic

jnjj040407
by on Feb. 28, 2008 at 11:24 AM

i swear my sons allergic to mobile homes we lived in 2 and he was sick the whole time and when we went to my moms house for vacation for 2 weeks he was fine. i dont know. sorry i wasnt any help

callykat20
by on Feb. 28, 2008 at 11:43 AM
What do you mean as in sick?  What are his symptoms?  How old is he?  My son has been like that for the last 17 months but before that he was perfectly healthy.  He has been diagnosed w/ allergies and asthma and also is going in for surgery to have his adenoids removed.  I would ask the docs and get an official nod one way or the other.  It all depends on the symptoms, time of day he's having them, how often, etc. 

To the Mom w/ the post about trailers:  As far as being allergic to trailers, it's possible it's the carpeting.  I know most come w/ wall to wall carpeting except for in the kithcens and bathrooms.  Those carpets are chemically treated and dust mites cling to carpets as well.  It's possible your child has an allergy to dust like my son. 

Goddess Bless!

Michelle

The M.O.M Team 

Click on the image below to learn how you too can work from home and improve your family's health and well being at the same time. 

busykids
by on Feb. 28, 2008 at 11:56 AM
call his ped. and sometimes babies go through little stages, runny noses etc. you can give him multivitamins.
jenke
by on Feb. 28, 2008 at 11:59 AM
I am sorry he is sick a lot I would just make sure he gets a lot of water and what I do after my kids get healthy is I spray all there toys and everything with lysol dininfectant spray.  If you are really concerned maybe talk with another dr just to get a second opinion  just to put your mind at ease.  Good Luck and I hope he starts feeling better soon.  Jen
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)