Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

scared

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2008 at 7:42 AM
  • 4 Replies
last night my son woke up in the middle of the night gasping for air. the medican i have him on now is not working and i have to take him to the doctor agien. i am so worried because he has never been sick before.
by on Feb. 28, 2008 at 7:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
sms0922
by on Feb. 28, 2008 at 7:46 AM
I am so sorry to hear that , hope he gets better soon...
♥Shana.....serious about earning free $$$
I know how you can earn $25 for free and get a check next week. Email me and I will tell you how:)
Free Money at FusionCash!
tiffanismommica
by on Feb. 28, 2008 at 8:37 AM
I will pray tath he gets medicine that works and that youdo not have to worry as much!
God Bless
mom12005
by on Feb. 28, 2008 at 8:45 AM
My son did that two nights in a row  a few weeks ago, so I took him to the er... turns out it was RSV... which is very serious. If your child isn't ashmatic youmay wantthem to test him for it. It occurs with coldlike symptoms and you would never think of it ... ITs been going arounf alot in VA lately. All they do is swab their noses and then they will know. Then they give them albuterol and antibotics.
rockymtnclouds
by on Feb. 28, 2008 at 11:43 AM
Hi, I'm so sorry that your son isn't feeling well.  I know how scary that is.  I was glad to hear that you're taking him back to the doctor.  That's what I would do.  Never mess around on waiting to take your child to the doctor.   Sometimes all of their symptoms aren't present on your first visit to them and they might need to be rediagnosed.  RSV is common in little ones and you should have your son checked for that like the other Moms suggested.  It can be dangerous if left untreated.  His lack of eating is most likely due to him being sick.  Make sure he gets plenty of water to stay hydrated and try Pediasure if the doc says that's okay or those Pedialyte popsicles, liquid vitamins, etc.  Always ask your doctor first since he's so young.  I can't say this enough, make sure you have a GOOD doctor for him and stick with that doctor.  I've found that a Pediatrician is best, since children are their specialty.   Just a suggestion.   I'll pray for you and for your son to get well soon.   :-)     
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN