Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

PLEASE HELP

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2008 at 9:16 AM
  • 4 Replies

MY SON IS 6 HE ACTS OUT AND SOMETIME WILL NOT LISTEN. I'M LIVING IN WHAT IS CALLED THE HOOD. MY LITTLE GIRL IS 8 AND SHE SEEM TO THINK BOUT SEX AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT 2 DO OR HOW TO DEAL WITH THAT WITHOUT GOING CRAZY!

by on Feb. 28, 2008 at 9:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
jajamama
by on Feb. 28, 2008 at 9:21 AM
the best thing i can tell u for an 8 year old is get her to tlak to a mom who is 13 or 14 and see how hard it was to be pregnanat and to be a mom or to have the baby taken away or have an abortion let her know the consiquences and let her know what happens in other familys dosent happen in yours u run a dictatorship not a democracy and as for your son same goes his rules are his dosent matter what his friends do
gabrielsmom2006
by on Feb. 28, 2008 at 9:22 AM
I am sorry , I  don't have any really good advice. I am a  first time mommy with an 18 month old. But I do have PRAYERS. I will pray for God to intervevne in your situation, and HELP you with it. God bless,
Angel-Eyes35
by on Feb. 28, 2008 at 9:44 AM
Sorry for what you are going through.  With your son you have to be CONSISTENT!!!   If you threaten a punishment you have to go through with it or he'll never respect you and he won't mind.    With your daughter you need to talk to her about the birds and the bees.  Explain about AIDS and other sexually transmitted diseases like herpes and warts.  Also, an 8 year old shouldn't be knowin about sex yet- so how did she learn?  I'd be careful about the TV she's seein and the people she's around...Be prayin for ya!
rockymtnclouds
by on Feb. 28, 2008 at 10:17 AM

Wow, this is a tough situation.  I will add you and your family to my prayers.  But, I have to ask where did your 8 year old daughter learn about the topic of sex?  If it's school and friends, and you're in a situation where you could home school her to keep away from bad influences then that's what I would do.  If it's friends that live by you that she plays with, then keep her away from them.  Your daughter and your family's walk with the Lord comes first.  If you attend church, then try and find her some good friends there.  As for both of your kids, just show them a lot of love and kindness and don't overreact when your 6 year old son acts up, just be firm with him and send him to his room until he calms down.  That might help.  Maybe try forming a support group at your local church for Moms that are in your situation.  I'm sorry, I wish there was more that I can say to help.  I feel for you.  Make sure you keep your daughter safe from older boys and men that would pray on a girl thinking about sex as she is doing right now.  It would be scary if any of them got to your daughter.  As for her, just tell her that she doesn't know what she's talking about and that girls her age should be playing with their friends or toys and not thinking about grown up things.  When she's grown up, then you'll talk to her about that, but for now she's a kid who should enjoy being a kid.  :-)  Be proud of any school work  or accomplishments that she makes, even the smallest of ones.  Focus a lot on her successes and good actions and that might help.  All the best to you.  Boy, this is a big topic and it's hard to help without knowing all of the circumstances.  I have a powerful feeling right now, that says to find answers at your church.  So, that's what I'm going with.  Take care and God bless and it's wonderful to know that you have Jesus in your heart.  I'll be praying for you.  :-)  Have a good day!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN