Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

do i need a doctor???

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2008 at 11:00 AM
  • 3 Replies
my son is VERY active hes 21 months old and i go over to someones house to watch their child and hes acting kinda weird today he woke up and came into my room before i normally wake up and hes was crying for like 5 min just sitting there nothing would make him happy. when i got to my job at 7 all hes done since then is sit on the couch dosing off here and there he feels a bit warm but not a high fever i dont think. they dont have a thermometer where i am at and he hasnt eaten anythin just a few sips of milk. and when he was laying down with me on the couch he almost threw up like gaging and swallowing it back down his throat. what could this be??? its really unlike him to sit ANYWHERE for more than 2 minutes. and he cant make it across the room for his cup without crying all the way there and back witch isnt like him at all
keegans mommy!!
by on Feb. 28, 2008 at 11:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
jajamama
by on Feb. 28, 2008 at 11:02 AM
i would give him some motrin and pedilite that is what i do when my little one is lik that
jenke
by on Feb. 28, 2008 at 11:12 AM
I would keep him quiet give him some motrin and liquids.  If he is still like this when you get done wroking i would probably take him to the drs. Good luck i hope he is feeling better soon.   Jen
taracv
by on Feb. 28, 2008 at 11:22 AM
My baby is like that right now as well.  He is teething and has a virus that the other kids have passed around.  The Doctor said not to worry so much about him eating, just make sure that he is staying hydrated.  We have also been using motrin and tylenol, alternating between the two.  We use motrin for one dose and tylenol for the next and we have been giving him a dose (under doctors advise) every three hours.  He is starting to act like his busy self again but it has been a long few days.    If you can, just snuggle with your son as much as you can.  He seems like from what you were saying that he doesnt feel good and wants the comfort of his mama.  Just watch him for the next few hours and decide from there...  Sick kids are no fun...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN