Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Question about cleaning when kids are sick...

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2008 at 11:07 AM
  • 7 Replies
Last week 2 of my children were diagnosed with viral infections. Last night my third child was taken to the ER and we found out he also has it. I am going to the store today to pick up more Lysol, chlorox bleach and disinfectant wipes. Does anyone know anything else to use or maybe something that works better?


by on Feb. 28, 2008 at 11:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mrsderekjeter
by on Feb. 28, 2008 at 11:08 AM
Nothing kills crap like bleach water.  Just be sure to rinse it off w/a wet paper towel after b/c you dont want the kids to eat/chew on left over bleach.
Steflindsay
by on Feb. 28, 2008 at 11:10 AM
Clorox is what I use.  I dump all of his plastic toys in the tub and add water and bleach.  I let them soak for a while then rinse.  I also wipe everything down with bleach and water.  Hope they all get better real soon!
jajamama
by on Feb. 28, 2008 at 11:10 AM
dont foget to bleach the bedding and also when u can open the windows and change the air in the house
jnjj040407
by on Feb. 28, 2008 at 11:10 AM
i seen this in a nother group here i will copy and paste it for you.


 

This was written by Becky Ransey of Indiana (a
Doctor's' wife), and I
Want to share it with you. She was over recently for
Coffee and smelled the
Bleach I was using to clean my toilet and countertops.
This is what
She told me...

I would like to tell you of the benefits of that plain
Little ole
Bottle of 3% peroxide you can get for under $1.00 at
Any drug store.
What does bleach cost? My husband has been in the
Medical field for
Over 36 years, and most doctors don't tell you about
Peroxide.

Have you ever smelled bleach in a doctor's office?
NO!!!
Why? Because it smells, and it is not healthy! Ask the
Nurses who work
In the doctor's offices, and ask them if they use
Bleach at home. They
Are wiser and know better!

Did you also know bleach was invented in the late
40's?
It's chlorine, Folks! And it was used to kill our
Troops.

Peroxide was invented during WWI in the 20's.
It was used to save and help cleanse the needs of our
Troops and
Hospitals. Please think about this.

1. Take one capful (the little white cap that comes
With the
Bottle) and hold in your mouth for 10 minutes daily,
Then spit it out. (I do
It when I bathe.)
No more canker sores, and your teeth will be whiter
Without
Expensive pastes. Use it instead of mouthwash.

2. Let your toothbrushes soak in a cup of peroxide to
Keep them free
Of germs.

3. Clean your counters and table tops with peroxide to
Kill germs and
Leave a fresh smell. Simply put a little on your
Dishrag when you
Wipe, or spray it on the counters.

4. After rinsing off your wooden cutting board, pour
Peroxide on it to
Kill salmonella and other bacteria.

5. I had fungus on my feet for years until I sprayed a
50/50 mixture
Of peroxide and water on them (especially the toes)
Every night and let
Dry.

6. Soak any infections or cuts in 3% peroxide for five
To ten minutes
Several times a day. My husband has seen gangrene that
Would not heal
With any medicine but was healed by soaking in
Peroxide.

7. Fill a spray bottle with a 50/50 mixture of
Peroxide and water and
Keep it in every bathroom to disinfect without harming
Your septic system
Like bleach or most other disinfectants will.

8. Tilt your head back and spray into nostrils with
Your 50/50 mixture
Whenever you have a cold, plugged sinus. It will
Bubble and help to
Kill the bacteria.   Hold for a few minutes, and then
Blow your nose into a
Tissue.

9. If you have a terrible toothache and cannot get to
A dentist right
Away, put a capful of 3% peroxide into your mouth and
Hold it for ten
Minutes several times a day. The pain will lessen
Greatly.

10. And of course, if you like a natural look to your
Hair, spray the
50/50 solution on your wet hair after a shower and
Comb it through.
You will not have the peroxide-burnt blonde hair like
The hair dye
Packages but more natural highlights if your hair is a
Light brown, faddish, or
Dirty blonde. It also lightens gradually, so it's not
A drastic
Change.

11. Put half a bottle of peroxide in your bath to help
Rid boils,
Fungus, or other skin infections.

12. You can also add a cup of peroxide instead of
Bleach to a load of
Whites in your laundry to whiten them. If there is
Blood on clothing,
Pour it directly on the soiled spot. Let it sit for a
Minute, then rub it
And rinse with cold water. Repeat if necessary.

13. I use peroxide to clean my mirrors. There is no
Smearing, which is
Why I love it so much for this.  I could go on and on.

It is a little brown bottle no home should be without!
With prices
Of most necessities rising, I'm glad there's a way to
Save tons of money
In such a simple, healthy manner!

This information really woke me up. I hope you gain
Something from it,
Too. Pass it on

Ianmommy4
by on Feb. 28, 2008 at 11:11 AM
That pretty much what I use. I have a preemie so keeping clean means a lot. I try not to use stuff that smells but I love the wipes.  Plus mop and sweep a lot don't forget bedding and get new tooth brushes and kids mouthwash. 
Ianmommy4
katykay
by on Feb. 28, 2008 at 11:11 AM
you may want to get one of those disenfectant fabric sprays (like frebreeze) ...I read that the germs will stay in the cushions and fabrics for up to 30 days because at room temp. 
paytonleximomma
by on Feb. 28, 2008 at 11:12 AM
I know what you are going through.  My is just getting over being sick.  I plan on disinfecting our home again today.  I was clorox wipes for the tables, counters, basically anything he can reach and is touch frequently.  I plan on using a bleach/ water mixture to do the toys in and I am also going to run them in the dishwasher.  I am washing all bedding.  Frebreezing the couches beds, recliner and the carpets, the antibacterial frebreeze.  Basically, anything he has touch I am going to clean.  And I am wiping down the walls in his room with water and bleach.  That is were he spend most of his time.  Hope your kids get to feeling better soon.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN