Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Question about dicipline

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2008 at 12:08 PM
  • 4 Replies

I have a question about dicipline  how do you dicipline a one year old  i tell her no and she freaks out she trys to hit and bite and she is kicking and screaming if she doesnt get what she wants someone please help me!!!!

Proud Mama of Emily
by on Feb. 28, 2008 at 12:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
hailnbray
by on Feb. 28, 2008 at 12:10 PM
at 1 we just said no and redirected, so if she went to dump her crackers it was no and i moved the crackers gave her a toy or something, they will get mad and kick n scream that i just walk away from, the more u stand there talking or stairing at the child the more attention there getting, the attention makes them do it more

My daughter has autism but she can laugh, cry, and love just like yours. she may never dress herself but she can go to college and become a dr.  she may never make friends her own age but shes my friend for life. and please if u ever get the chance to meet my daughter, stop looking at her like shes a brat, she cant help her stairs or attitudes u can help urs. get to close u might get bit but it wont give u autism. do yourself a favor look it up. 

https://www.autismclinicaltrial.com/index.aspx?bmscontentpg=autism

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/health/2007/12/16/finnstrom.the.autistic.brain.cnn  

landerbh
by on Feb. 28, 2008 at 12:16 PM
I tell my son (13 months) No and then I smack his hand. Not too hard but hard enough he feels it and knows that is not something he is to do or get into. When he starts to scream if he doesn't get his way or I take something away I just ignore him and he settles down.
katykay
by on Feb. 28, 2008 at 12:16 PM
at one it is better to just try to redirect her to something that is ok.  She is just too young to really retain the lesson. 
brookmomto3
by on Feb. 28, 2008 at 12:21 PM
I had started spatting my daughters hand only to find out that she learned how to hit me. So, I started putting her in her crib as a sort of "time out". It's worked REALLY well! She doesn't hit me at all anymore.

My Groups!
The Potty Training Moms Support Group
In The Kitchen

The Do-It Yourselfer's

I've already made $38.53 for February!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN