Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

I Want Her Gone...For Good!!!!! (kinda long and some bad language)

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2008 at 9:53 PM
  • 7 Replies
Well,my mom and me have never seen eye-to-eye on ANYTHING! It was worse when she found out I was pregnant the first time.She tried to get me to have an abortion,but don't believe in them,so that started a fued with us that lasted 17 months.I finally started talking to her last week (thanks to my dad),and she was trying to practically to tell me how to raise my own kids.Her exact words "just because you screwed up your life doesn't mean you have to screw up innocent children's".She pissed me off there,I told her "I think you need to mind your own damn business,just because you're their grandmother,doesn't mean you have any right to have any input on raising them,especially since you don't know anything about how Adam and me raise our son and how we'll raise the others".Then she starts running her mouth about Adam (my ex and babies' daddy) saying "well,I should ahve more input on it then that alcoholic".I just cursed at her and hung up that phone.She tried talking to me a couple days ago too,she starts out by appologizing,but then she just puts insults in the appology! I've decided I don't want her in the babies' or my life.She's one of the main reasons I moved from Oklahoma to New Jersey after I turned 18,just to get away from her.That isn't a mother,that's just pathetic.I know what you might be thinking,that she's just doing it because she cares,or something like that,but, trust me,it's definently not!I've went 17 months without talking to her, I'll just go my whole life without her.Adam's mom is more of a mom to me than her,at least she helped and still does help me.Do you think this is the right decision?
by on Feb. 28, 2008 at 9:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
brookmomto3
by on Feb. 28, 2008 at 9:57 PM
If it feels right to you, then it is. Don't worry about her any longer. You deserve to have your life and live it as YOU see fit...not her. Maybe one day she'll realize what she has done was wrong and beg for your forgiveness. But until then, just forget about her do what you need to do for yourself and your family.

My Groups!
The Potty Training Moms Support Group
In The Kitchen

The Do-It Yourselfer's

I've already made $38.53 for February!

mommajade
by on Feb. 28, 2008 at 10:09 PM
Only you can really deside if its the right desision. I just wish i had the same kinda gutts :). Anyway if it feels right to you than it must be right. Noone else can make that desision for you.

MzMamiLuv
by on Feb. 28, 2008 at 10:15 PM
I can unerstand the frustration she creates...u have to do what you think is best....but maybe you can keep her at a distance...I would not say cut her off 100%....i did that with my father...and when I finally did decided to talk to him...out hte blue one day....I ended up loosing him unexpectedly....and now, I regret all those years I stayed angry at him....just think about it.
Atarismommy
by on Feb. 28, 2008 at 11:26 PM
I've said this many times before.. I do not believe just because people are blood related to children that they deserve to be in their life. I cut out a bunch of my family because I dont want my kids to ever feel like they cannot trust family or be afraid that someone in their family will hurt them. You dont want your child growing up with your mother saying it was a mistake or they ruined your life. Its bull.. I think you are just trying to protect your children from someone who could make them feel horrible later on in their lives.

mammalovesbaby
by on Feb. 29, 2008 at 12:49 PM
YES, I DO
I WENT TROUGH THE SAME THING WITH MY FATHER IT'S 6 YEARS,I TRIED WOKING WITH HIM,BUT ALL HE DID IS PUT BLAME ON EVEYBODY ELSE FOR HIS MISTAKES,ALWAY BAD MOUTHING FAMILY JUST AN UNHAPPY MEAN PERSON.SO I DECIDED "I DON'T NEED THIS"IT'S FUNNY BECAUSE MY HUBBY AND I DON'T HAVE OUR FATHERS IN OUR LIFES SO OUR LITTLE GUY DOESN'T HAVE A GRANDPA ON EITHER SIDE.BUT IT'S OK HE DOESN'T NEED EVIL AROUND HIM,NOBODY DOES.

BEST OF LUCK
----- Visit my CafeMom homepage at http://www.cafemom.com/home/mammalovesbaby
cassie_9
by on Feb. 29, 2008 at 2:39 PM
to me id stay away from ppl that i didnt think were good for me or my family. yes she is ur mom but there is a line the no one should cross... you need to do what u think is best for u and if that is to cut her from ur life then do so.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") -*Rylie's mommy*-
seasidegrandma
by on Feb. 29, 2008 at 5:22 PM
 Since you live a distance apart, that will help you. I learned from my husband that if the person at the other end of the phone starts to yell, you say "i'm not fighting with you. If you keep yelling, I'm hanging up" and then do if she continues to yell. Do this everytime you talk to her. You may need to put her out of your life. If you do want  to connect with her, try this method. It does work.
Linda
Seaside grandma
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)