Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

personal sex question

Posted by on Feb. 29, 2008 at 11:23 AM
  • 5 Replies
i have read an heard that u cant get pregent well u have ur period. Does anyone know if  this is true?
by on Feb. 29, 2008 at 11:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Mom2madnmak
by on Feb. 29, 2008 at 11:28 AM
Not an absolute yes, but not a no either.  I know 1 person to get preg on her period.  There are no absolutes other than doubling up on preventitive precautions.
louloulove
by on Feb. 29, 2008 at 11:30 AM
yes you can get pregnant. some people actually ovulate when they have their period. so be careful!
MargaretAnn
by on Feb. 29, 2008 at 11:31 AM
 i sure would not take a chance.  some people get preggo on BC  even tied tubes are not 100%  
the real me  only the wicked witch sometimes
morgakasssmommy
by on Feb. 29, 2008 at 11:31 AM

A lot of people think that if a girl has sex during her period, she can't get pregnant. But it is possible for a girl to get pregnant while she is bleeding. This can happen for a couple of reasons:

• Not all vaginal bleeding is the result of a menstrual period. Sometimes a girl will have a small amount of vaginal bleeding at the time of ovulation — the time when she is most fertile. During ovulation, an egg is released from one of the ovaries and travels down a fallopian tube to the uterus. It's common for girls who are ovulating to have some vaginal bleeding that can be mistaken for a period.
  • Sometimes ovulation can occur before the bleeding from a girl's period has stopped, or it may occur within a few days after her period is over. Sperm can fertilize an egg for several days after ejaculation. So in both cases, having sex before the period is finished can result in pregnancy.

My every breath is for my family, Greg and Morgan Kassidy

Who are you to judge the life I live? I know I'm not perfect - and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers -- make sure your hands are clean. -- Bob Marley

**Yes, I'm an anti-spanking, anti-swatting, anti-hitting, anti-constraining, anti-inflicting pain Mamma……and proud of it!!!  You don’t like what I say….move right along to the next post, please.  Thank you and have a nice day! :) **

mercyrain
by on Feb. 29, 2008 at 12:44 PM
I actually checked on this one for myself a long time ago 'cause I was sick of not knowing...and, YES....you can. Just look at it like you can get pregnant any day of the week, any time of day. That will keep you safe if you'r not looking to get pregnant any time soon. I figure...the only time your not gonna get pregnant is if your not having sex, using birth contrl, or your already pregnant.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN