Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

What can I do for my baby with a cold?

Posted by on Feb. 29, 2008 at 2:33 PM
  • 4 Replies
My 4-month-old son seems like he might have a cold. He's not eating well and has a lot of nasal congestion. I've been using saline nose drops for his nose and I have a humidifier going, but niether seems to be helping that much.

What can I do to make him more comfortable? Would anyone recommend taking him to the doctor? I feel like a doctor can't do much for a baby with a cold. He doesn't seem to have a fever, but should I give him tylenol in case he has any pain?

Any advice would be much appreciated! Thanks.

by on Feb. 29, 2008 at 2:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MorganRaesMom
by on Feb. 29, 2008 at 2:33 PM
Just give it time I guess... Kids will get sick, no need giving him more and more medicine.
jenke
by on Feb. 29, 2008 at 2:36 PM
Okay here are a few suggestions-
1-Put a pillow under his mattress to raise it up at the head side that will help with his congestion 
2- Johnson and johnsons have what is called vapor bath it is like a bubble bath this helps I do this for my kids right before bed time
3- Vicks Baby Rub on his feet (It works)  
  Good Luck,  I hope he feels better soon. Jen
cutiepie1987
by on Feb. 29, 2008 at 5:31 PM
Keep using the nasal drops but after about 3 minutes of putting them in you need to suck his snot out with a booger sucker,.I know it sounds gross but it will help his nose so he can breathe.Also you can run a hot hot shower and close your bathroom door let it get steamy for a few minutes and bring him in there and let him breathe the steam in.Just keep doing what your doing he'll be fine.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/36487

group owner babies before marriage check it out!

kaysha
by on Feb. 29, 2008 at 5:35 PM

Quoting jenke:

Okay here are a few suggestions-
1-Put a pillow under his mattress to raise it up at the head side that will help with his congestion 
2- Johnson and johnsons have what is called vapor bath it is like a bubble bath this helps I do this for my kids right before bed time
3- Vicks Baby Rub on his feet (It works)  

you said what I was going to!

Also, vicks has a liquid that you can put in the humidifier that helps. Sometimes you need to run 2 humidifiers, depending on the size of the room. also check at www.webmd.com
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)