Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Potty Training

Posted by on Feb. 29, 2008 at 2:54 PM
  • 4 Replies
When is to early for potty training. My 20 month old has gotten to the point he takes off his diaper when he is wet or dirty. He will also tell me when he has gone potty. We have tried to sit him on the potty but wont, unless he wants to. Is it still to early?
by on Feb. 29, 2008 at 2:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MommyofMia
by on Feb. 29, 2008 at 2:57 PM
No way it's not too early. He is obviously showing signs he's ready so it's definently time. Good luck! :)
MommyofMia
by on Feb. 29, 2008 at 2:58 PM
Also, the Gerber training pants with plastic on the outside work great-skip the pull-ups!
I jus took all my daughter's diapers away and gave her those training pants.
Bianca6627
by on Feb. 29, 2008 at 3:02 PM
WHEN HES READY YOULL KNOW AND IT SOUNDS LIKE HE MAY BE READY...I DONT THINK 20 MONTHS IS TO YOUNG TO BE TRYING, MY GIRLS WERE RITE AT 2 YEARS OLD WHEN WE HAD THEM COMPLETELY POTTY TRAINED...DO YOU HAVE ONE OF THOSE MUSICAL POTTY CHAIRS?? THOSE WORKED GREAT WITH MY GIRLS!!
lilybug383
by on Feb. 29, 2008 at 5:55 PM
I started my daughter at 18 months, she dident do much but we kept putting her on there ( She wanted to) then when she finally went she was sooo excited! We started a potty chart she got 2 stickers for being dry and going potty, 1 sticker for being wet and going potty! she is not 2 and a half and were having problems with her pooping on the potty, she is also wet after nap and bed, but her body just has to mature so she can unconchencely hold it!  The biggest thing is DONT PUSH them or Punnish them for being wet, as frustrating as it will be dont do it! It will only make things worse!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)