Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Do you ever feel like a slave in your home?

Posted by on Feb. 29, 2008 at 3:33 PM
  • 5 Replies
I am a stay-home mom of three kids, and husband. My husband makes the money in our home and I get to stay home with the kids! Don't get me wrong, I love to be home with the kids, but I need my time away from them and my husband. How do I get this through his head? He thinks that when I say that I need to get out that means that we are all going to go out! I always end up not going anywhere with out him or the kids.....I need time alone with my friends, and people I want to go out with. He just does not get it.....I think I do more than my share with the kids, cleaning, and arens that need to be done. He never helps out with. Please help me.....
by on Feb. 29, 2008 at 3:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Tracy67
by on Feb. 29, 2008 at 3:41 PM
This sounds a little far-fetched, but everytime I watch wife swap, the man figures out how big of a job it is for a stay at home mom. If you could find a way to make it so he'd have to watch the kids alone for a few days, that would work wonders. If I could figure out how to make that happen, I wouldn't be typing this right now. I'd be on the beach.
smo210
by on Feb. 29, 2008 at 3:44 PM
I AM IN THE SAME BOAT I NEED MY TIME IF I WANT TO GO OUT I HAVE TO STRAP A CHILD ON ME OR WE ALL GO OUT TOGETHER .THE BAD PART IS I DONT HAVE ANY FRIENDS SO  HETHINKS I DONT NEED TO GO OUT SIDE.
cbeckham
by on Feb. 29, 2008 at 4:21 PM

I am a stay at home mom and when I need some time to myself I call a friend or family member to watch my daughter and I get my husband to go do something with his friends that way we all win, and I don't have to try and get him to watch our daughter by himself. Sometimes it is a lot of work trying to get my husband situated, but it is worth it for a night out!!!

taracv
by on Feb. 29, 2008 at 4:32 PM
I feel your pain!  I sneak away and lock myself in the bathroom sometimes....  My kids do what is called a "clean sweep" of the living room and I sneak away to another room.  While they are picking up their toys I am reading in the bathroom or where ever.  You get the idea.
cutiepie1987
by on Feb. 29, 2008 at 5:17 PM
My hubby never helps me out either but i mean I cant expect him to because he works hard himself and i am able to stay home with my baby so i dont mind doing all the household chores and what not.Its better than having to go to work.I understand what you mean about needing alone time.Maybe you should see if one day a family member can take the kids for a while and you go out with a friend shopping or something.I very rarely get to go anywhere by myself but i have a friend that her baby is 12 days older than mine son sometimes we go to her house and they boys play and we talk and stuff

http://www.cafemom.com/group/36487

group owner babies before marriage check it out!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)