Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Infant gas and constipation...HELP!

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2008 at 12:59 PM
  • 4 Replies
I have a 2 month old little girl who has had problems digesting her formula since day one. I changed her formula three times before I put her on soy, now she seems to get really gassy and constipated. I've tried gas drops and gripe water which are only a temp fix, any suggestions??

Viviana

by on Mar. 11, 2008 at 12:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
kenziejosmommy
by on Mar. 11, 2008 at 1:01 PM
Have you tried pumping her legs while she is trying to pass gas or poop? We use the gas drops for my 7 week old's gas problems, but when she is trying to pass or poop and is having trouble we pump her legs like in a bike riding motion and it seems to help too
r3swife
by on Mar. 11, 2008 at 1:02 PM
shes so young!  have u tried the formulas that r sposed to prevent gas?   before i read ur post all the way, i was gonna suggest apple juice for the constipation, but shes still a bit young....  sorry!!  good luck~!
lilybug383
by on Mar. 11, 2008 at 2:45 PM
              ENFAMIL GENTLEASE !!!

Both of my kids had this exact problem, I dident know what to do with my first, then I saw this formula it says right on the can " For babies with FUSSINESS or GAS" and I said thats her!! Now with my son ( 1month) I noticed he had alot of gas and was getting fussy also so I recently switched him, it takes about a week before you notice the change but it is AMAZING !!! The reason its sooo...good is it has Partially broken down proteins which is easy on there belly and reduces Gas !! Hope this helped and I hope you try it, I know what its like, I've been there to.
crltk
by on Mar. 11, 2008 at 8:19 PM
try this group for answers to your question :)

http://www.cafemom.com/group/medicalquestions

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)