Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

A peaceful bathtime!!!!

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2008 at 6:07 PM
  • 5 Replies
OK so bath time for my son sucks lol. He screams bloody murder and I cant figure out why, I make sure the water is perfect! I use the softest washcloth the most gentle soap, I try to reasure him and sing and talkk to him,and still he acts like I'm killing him... well today I decided I was just going to get in the tub and hold him. He only four months so hes not that heavy. I filled the tub up and got in with him and.......nothing, he was happier than a pig in shit. lol. He was LOVING it he was kicking his little feet and letting me scrub him and he didn't cry once!!!  Ok now I'm thinking I can 't do this all the time but hey every once in a while is good right? LOL does anyone elses' baby act like this? Do you think maybe he's afraid of the water? Like I said he's only 4 months, and its not like he's had a bad experience with the tub yet. lol. Oh well at least I got somewhat of a bath too right.
by on Mar. 11, 2008 at 6:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
kayla586
by on Mar. 11, 2008 at 6:29 PM
My daughter was the same I think the feel of the water freaks them out. This is going to sound crazy but I use to take her in the shower and she loved it . she eventually liked the tub so don`t worry he`ll get use to it.
Jasmine107
by on Mar. 11, 2008 at 6:31 PM
well my daughter is 2 and hasnt liked baths since she was about that age. Something about the water i guess and not feeling safe. could be something from a past life. who knows! to this day she will NOT sit in the tub, shes only sat down in a bath like 2 or 3x. I keep her entertained and have alot of toys for the tub and a bubble machine. When she was still small i used to bathe her in one of those little tub thingys and never in the tub. i would keep it short and that helped. But if their scared of course their gonna cry! Hope i helped

**PrOuD*MoMmY*of*SooN*2B*2!**

abygailsand
by on Mar. 11, 2008 at 6:34 PM
Sorry to say but my son loves bath time I have a little seat that he sits in and he jsut sits there and splashes and makes a mess. I just wanted to reply to you and tell you I love your metaphore that was funny! But my son didn't like the tub to much that's why I got the seat.

chocchpcooke
by on Mar. 11, 2008 at 6:38 PM
awww thats so cute! I have something similar, and I've tried 3 other little tubs and he hates them all. lol
Quoting abygailsand:

Sorry to say but my son loves bath time I have a little seat that he sits in and he jsut sits there and splashes and makes a mess. I just wanted to reply to you and tell you I love your metaphore that was funny! Vut my son din't like the tub to much that's wh y\\yI got the seat.
Ashley0505
by on Mar. 11, 2008 at 8:30 PM
My daughter was kind of like that when she was a lot littler! I think maybe they are a little scared to be by themselves! My daughter is 6 months old and I get in the bathtub with her every night! She is just like yours.....she kicks and splashes and plays! My only suggestion for you would (I'm not sure if you do this or not) be too already have the bathtub filled up when you put your child in it. Sometimes they don't like the sound of the running water.
Ashley*
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN