Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

minivans

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2008 at 6:56 PM
  • 8 Replies
Ok guys, so it is time for an update in vehicles. We have two children and want another by next year. Right now all we have is a 4door lariat f150. We were looking at expeditions, but with the gas prices sooo high that isnt really a smart option. So, my husband suggests a minivan. I am not sure if I am ready for that! I love the ammenities that come with them dvd, third row seat etc, but a minivan? I'm only 23 years old. What made you guys decide on vans and what are some good suggestions? I am looking at 2007's. Up for suggestions...help!
by on Mar. 11, 2008 at 6:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
brookmomto3
by on Mar. 11, 2008 at 7:00 PM
I have a 2001 ford windstar. I love it. Also, when we do go to buy a new car I will be getting another minivan. I love them! I especially love the newer ones that have the back window that actually rolls down...those are cool. Also, anything with stow and go seats is great! I'm looking at either the Honda Odyssey or the Chrysler Town and Country.

My Groups!
In The Kitchen

The Do-It Yourselfer's

I've already made $38.53 for February!

momofhbj
by on Mar. 11, 2008 at 7:00 PM
I got my mini van because im a single mom of 3 kids 2 under 2. it would be easier to get them all in. but i still struggle its difficult getting my toddler in the back seat. I have a 2002 dodge caravan and i love it.
Elizabethsma631
by on Mar. 11, 2008 at 7:04 PM
I was looking at the town and country's and they seem really nice. I found several in our price range...but I am still shopping for the right one. Not sure if Chrysler is what I really want being I have never had a van before.
stephaniesmom07
by on Mar. 11, 2008 at 9:37 PM
We just bought our first minivan! I am 23 as well. We used to have an SUV but with my 2 dogs and our daughter it was hard to fit all that in when we traveled. My husband refuses to buy a Chrysler and  I absolutely required the stow and go seating where both the 2nd and 3rd row seats folded flat into the floor. We found the Nissan Quest and absolutely love it! It has everything and still drives like a car since it is built on the frame of a maxima. I definitely recommend it.
Angiecarnick
by on Mar. 11, 2008 at 9:48 PM
Wow...Let me tell you what the Chrysler Town and Country offers,,,A backup camera,,,mulitple dvd players,,,,seats that turn around or stow and go, gps, a front dash "tv" to which you can download your pics or movies too,,,,,,the list goes on and on...

The ~NOT~ so Newcomers Group

Join us!

Addicted to Cafemom

Angiecarnick
by on Mar. 11, 2008 at 9:49 PM
Oh....1 other thing...the mini van is on a car chasis and the suv is on a truck chasis.....smooth sailing in the van...
Quoting Angiecarnick:

Wow...Let me tell you what the Chrysler Town and Country offers,,,A backup camera,,,mulitple dvd players,,,,seats that turn around or stow and go, gps, a front dash "tv" to which you can download your pics or movies too,,,,,,the list goes on and on...

The ~NOT~ so Newcomers Group

Join us!

Addicted to Cafemom

Teensgirlsrnuts
by on Mar. 11, 2008 at 9:51 PM
I have a 2007 Kia Rondo and it gets 26mpg room for 7.
jacalac
by on Mar. 11, 2008 at 10:07 PM

I have a Dodge Caravan.  I love it.  We bought ours when I was 25.  My husband was not happy.  He thought we were too "young' to drive a mommy mobile.  He loved it as soon as he drove it.  He now wants to have one for himself for a work van.   We travel a lot.  It makes life easy on the road.  We haul our camper, our kids, our dog, and our crap comfortably.  I'm now looking at the new dodges, I love the body style.  The odyssey's are sharp looking too. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN