Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

what to do???

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2008 at 9:51 PM
  • 3 Replies
my son is only 2 months old i stop breast feeding a month ago n now he is very constapated i try giving him a little water everyday but that isnt working what can i do for a baby that is so little.
by on Mar. 11, 2008 at 9:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
tzejstorey
by on Mar. 11, 2008 at 9:53 PM
check with the dr first but my girlfriends daughter had the same problem and she was told to give her a little apple juice...it helped
jchlc
by on Mar. 11, 2008 at 10:02 PM
Juice could make his belly hurt. If you try that, I'd dilute it down. the only things I can think of are to "bicycle" his legs to help get it moving, maybe some  Milicon gas relief drops (they are safe for little babies).

I hope you arent thinking that stopping BF is the reason for the constipation. There "poop" cycles are always changing. Mine will go from a night time pooper to a morning pooper, then to poopin every couple of days. She is BF and FF.
kidsrgreat3
by on Mar. 11, 2008 at 10:23 PM
My son had that problem until we swiched him to a new formula.  Nutramagen (sorry, dont think I spelled it right)  That did help.  If i still had problems I would give him apple juice or pear juice.  If it was really bad, i could give him minerial oil in his bottle or juice (you would have to check with your dr on how much to put in the bottle) Also, a warm towel (heated it up in the microwave for a few seconds just to warm) on my sons belly would help with any pains he had (this was usually gas related).  Hope this was helpful. 

Tina

The M.O.M Team , Helping Moms Stay Home

www.cheerforyourfuture.com

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)