Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

OBSESSED WITH MY HAIR!

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2008 at 4:26 PM
  • 11 Replies
I have an adorable 8 mo old little girl, the problem is she loves to pull my hair. She pulls my hair hard enough to pull handfuls out of my head! She is very aggressive  with other things she does too, but mainly pulling my hair.  Any suggestions on how to get her to stop?
by on Apr. 10, 2008 at 4:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
perfectmom20
by on Apr. 10, 2008 at 4:27 PM
wow im sorry =[ got no clue though! so BUMP

orange4agua72
by on Apr. 10, 2008 at 4:30 PM
this may sound bad, and I'll probably get bashed for this, but this is the only thing that worked when my youger daughter did that a while back. I pulled her hair back, she just stopped immediatly, because she realized how much it hurt, and hasn't done it since!!! Please don't bash..... it worked!!!
pearl19
by on Apr. 10, 2008 at 4:32 PM
Yep! I did the same thing and it worked.  I also had to do the same when my daughter started biting. 

Quoting orange4agua72:

this may sound bad, and I'll probably get bashed for this, but this is the only thing that worked when my youger daughter did that a while back. I pulled her hair back, she just stopped immediatly, because she realized how much it hurt, and hasn't done it since!!! Please don't bash..... it worked!!!
MOM2TAYKATE
by on Apr. 10, 2008 at 4:34 PM
I also pulled my older daughters hair back, but I think she was a little older than 8 mos, maybe over a year. I have thought about trying that though but feel so bad about doing something to her that I don't want done to me!
AlexisRennae229
by on Apr. 10, 2008 at 4:35 PM
I would give her a doll or something else to concentrate on while you're holding her. It keeps them focused on something besides ripping your hair out. We had to do the same thing for my nephew and it's working really well.
Chelsea L.
MOM2TAYKATE
by on Apr. 10, 2008 at 4:36 PM
Thanks, I will try that at night time especially!
love-javier
by on Apr. 10, 2008 at 4:50 PM
If you dont have to dont pull her hair back! Im not bashing I just think and 8 month old getting her hair pulled might result into her thinking that it is ok to do it back.  You can take her hand when she does it and firmly say NO PULLING HAIR HURTS MOMMY!!!
landansmommy87
by on Apr. 10, 2008 at 5:29 PM
I know it sounds mean but when she pulle your hair pull hers back(not hard just a little)and tell her no! You can also try pinning it up

So in love!

emmasmama2007
by on Apr. 10, 2008 at 5:29 PM
You can try telling her "no pulling hair" and put her down everytime she does it. She will eventually get the hint that it's not right.
squidsmommy
by on Apr. 11, 2008 at 10:55 AM
My daughter was 8 months when I pulled her hair. I didn't pull hard, just hard enought to shock her and let her feel a little bit of pain. She didn't even cry, but she has never pulled my hair since. She's now 20 months and will play with my hair all day if I let her, but she's very gentle and knows not to pull.
Quoting love-javier:

If you dont have to dont pull her hair back! Im not bashing I just think and 8 month old getting her hair pulled might result into her thinking that it is ok to do it back. You can take her hand when she does it and firmly say NO PULLING HAIR HURTS MOMMY!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)