Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Two year old with Asthma

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2008 at 9:10 AM
  • 6 Replies
So yesterday I brought my two year old daughter Angelina to the doctors for her coughing. She's been coughing everyday now for a month. They said that she has asthma and gave me a nebulizer for her and albuterol medication.

I was just wondering if anyone has any advice on this?

Thanks! Cassie
by on Apr. 11, 2008 at 9:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
jamielv81
by on Apr. 11, 2008 at 9:24 AM
my children had the same thing when they were younger. have you thought about what you are using in your home. like the things you clean with and stuff. a lot of the ingredients in the stuff have been proven to cause asthma and other things.
Mom2Jayson
by on Apr. 11, 2008 at 9:36 AM
Oh. My. Gosh.  I'm so glad my sister forwarded this post to me!  My 22 month old boy has been doing the EXACT same thing for almost 2 months now!   We were also given a nebulizer & Albutorol, but never given a diagnosis of asthma.  He has an appointment with an Allergist later this month because we were told it was probably allergies.  Tell me, how did they finally diagnosis the asthma in your daughter?  The funny thing is my fiance' had it growing up (out grew it) AND his mother has it...............

How does your daughter do with the treatments?  We found that if we go through flashcards with Jayson, he tends to "forget" what is going on.  Plus we don't use the actual mask.  We just hold the tube under his nose.
ajvmom
by on Apr. 11, 2008 at 9:44 AM
I haven't tried it with her yesterday, it was too close to bed time that she would have been more awake and not fallen asleep.

They just told me that it was Asthma, but if it doesn't get better with the nebulizer to go back in in two weeks.

Quoting Mom2Jayson:

Oh. My. Gosh. I'm so glad my sister forwarded this post to me! My 22 month old boy has been doing the EXACT same thing for almost 2 months now! We were also given a nebulizer & Albutorol, but never given a diagnosis of asthma. He has an appointment with an Allergist later this month because we were told it was probably allergies. Tell me, how did they finally diagnosis the asthma in your daughter? The funny thing is my fiance' had it growing up (out grew it) AND his mother has it...............

How does your daughter do with the treatments? We found that if we go through flashcards with Jayson, he tends to "forget" what is going on. Plus we don't use the actual mask. We just hold the tube under his nose.

ajvmom
by on Apr. 11, 2008 at 9:46 AM
The only thing I can think of is my roommates cat. My mom is allergic to cats, so that might do it. There is also smoking in the house, but I can't really tell them "Okay she has asthma no more smoking" when it's their house.

There hasn't been any changes in what we've used to clean with and her clothes is washed in the stuff as it was when we live with my parents.
Quoting jamielv81:

my children had the same thing when they were younger. have you thought about what you are using in your home. like the things you clean with and stuff. a lot of the ingredients in the stuff have been proven to cause asthma and other things.

MaxwellMommy
by on Apr. 11, 2008 at 7:58 PM
Her asthma could be directly related to the fact that she is in a smoking home. This is something that is going to affect her the rest of her life....you need to be strong enough to say something for her health. I can understand where it might be difficult, but you have to try. I bet they would be understanding.

As for the products you use, I have been using all natural products that contain no chemicals like your average products do. These have been proven in so many cases to reduce the effects of common ailments, just like Asthma. Please send me a message if you are interested, because I can almost guarantee you would see a change in her symptoms.

Quoting ajvmom:

There is also smoking in the house, but I can't really tell them "Okay she has asthma no more smoking" when it's their house.

There hasn't been any changes in what we've used to clean with and her clothes is washed in the stuff as it was when we live with my parents.

I am changing my life and helping others do the same!

Visit my website to get more information.          

www.themomteam.com/DianaMaxwell

JADIEBUG
by on Apr. 11, 2008 at 8:04 PM
You are going to have to stand up for your child's health. Smoking is a cause and it aggravates Asthma. It could possibly make it worse. If they won't stop then you are going to have to find a new place to live. She really needs a smoke free environment.
Quoting ajvmom:

The only thing I can think of is my roommates cat. My mom is allergic to cats, so that might do it. There is also smoking in the house, but I can't really tell them "Okay she has asthma no more smoking" when it's their house.

Quoting jamielv81:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured