Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

I need a lawyer

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2008 at 3:31 PM
  • 6 Replies
can anyone recommend a  divorce lawyer? I'm so sick and tired of my husband
by on Apr. 11, 2008 at 3:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mom2twobabes
by on Apr. 11, 2008 at 3:36 PM
  ARe you serious????? or just venting.....I dont know you or hubby but dont make to quick of a decision b/c your babies will pay for your decisions....

I am not against divorce...especially if you or the kids are being abused in some way but I do believe in trying your hardest to make it work.......
Octbabe08
by on Apr. 11, 2008 at 3:38 PM
if it is not too serious work it out for the kids... please do for kids but i mean if you think its the best thing for the family than do it... dont have any right on hand sorry
ethan21
by on Apr. 11, 2008 at 7:08 PM
My husbands not around and doesn't make an effort , Part of the reason why he's not around is because of the army . He comes down on the weekends and I don't even have a home. , I've been staying with my mother in a one bedroom apt. When he comes down he always has more important things to do than want to spend time with us. I only saw him for a couple minutes last weekend . he doesn't help me out so now it's like we are just married on paper. He doesn't support me. I want child support . I want him to get in troble for not helping me, out
MomNessa
by on Apr. 11, 2008 at 7:16 PM
here is some legal advice......and i was in the marine corps so i know how the military system works.

he is obviously getting money for being married and having a child.  in the military you get living expenses etc.  since he is not helping u he is pretty much frauding the gov't.  go to his chain of command / admin office and let them know that he is not supporting his family and that u want to speak to his commanding officer.  i know this will piss him off but since u are married to a military man u have rights to.  u might be able to use a military lawyer (u'll need to look into that) and get ur divorce that way. 
he will get into trouble for not supporting his family with the money the gov't is giving him to do so in the first place. 
but don't think u don't have rights.  you do, you just have to utilize all ur options and push some boundaries. 

and for everyone else......don't u think she has already tried to make it work with him?  i don't think she would have just thought it up out of the blue to get a divorce.  i am sure she has tried for the sake of her baby. 

good luck.  message me if you need anything.
mom2twobabes
by on Apr. 11, 2008 at 8:59 PM
I dont know if she has tried...I dont know her....but when you have a child its your responsiblity to try anything and everything to make it work....(I am not speaking of abused women or children...they should get out immediatly.)

I do believe that a lot of people tuck tail and run when it gets hard....divorce has become sooooo common place in todays society that its nothing......I think it should be more respected....some people jump into marriage and jump out of marriage so quickly and the children are the ones to pay.....therefore....if you have tried....good.....try one more time.....if it doesnt work.....try again......then maybe start considering options......

Quoting MomNessa:

here is some legal advice......and i was in the marine corps so i know how the military system works.

he is obviously getting money for being married and having a child.  in the military you get living expenses etc.  since he is not helping u he is pretty much frauding the gov't.  go to his chain of command / admin office and let them know that he is not supporting his family and that u want to speak to his commanding officer.  i know this will piss him off but since u are married to a military man u have rights to.  u might be able to use a military lawyer (u'll need to look into that) and get ur divorce that way. 
he will get into trouble for not supporting his family with the money the gov't is giving him to do so in the first place. 
but don't think u don't have rights.  you do, you just have to utilize all ur options and push some boundaries. 

and for everyone else......don't u think she has already tried to make it work with him?  i don't think she would have just thought it up out of the blue to get a divorce.  i am sure she has tried for the sake of her baby. 

love-javier
by on Apr. 11, 2008 at 9:21 PM
It isnt doing you any good to be married to a man who you dont see and who doesnt even help you or seem to care. What good does that do? But you could TRY to talk to him and see what he thinks, maybe the same thing is on his mind! or maybe he will be willing to go through marriage counseling! If he isnt willing to change then I think that MomNessa has some AWESOME advice!!!
Quoting mom2twobabes:

I dont know if she has tried...I dont know her....but when you have a child its your responsiblity to try anything and everything to make it work....(I am not speaking of abused women or children...they should get out immediatly.)

I do believe that a lot of people tuck tail and run when it gets hard....divorce has become sooooo common place in todays society that its nothing......I think it should be more respected....some people jump into marriage and jump out of marriage so quickly and the children are the ones to pay.....therefore....if you have tried....good.....try one more time.....if it doesnt work.....try again......then maybe start considering options......

Quoting MomNessa:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)