Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fire Ants???

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2008 at 5:17 PM
  • 2 Replies
My two year old fell into a fire ant mound.  We caught it right away and had to strip her down to get all of them off,  but she has about seven bites on her right leg.  Her leg isnt swollen, and she seems to be doing fine, but the bites look really red and nasty.  Is there anything safe to use to make them feel better?  Does she need to see the doctor?
by on Apr. 11, 2008 at 5:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
keegansmom143
by on Apr. 11, 2008 at 5:27 PM
if she isnt allergic their isnt a need to see a docter. hydrocortisone cream or benadry will help with the redness and itching. he little blisters should only take a few days to heal up, but some times up to two weeks if they are scratched and broken. i would put some cream on them with hose little band-aids to keep her from scrathing them and it should be fine, poor thing at least you were their right away that could have been way nastier.
kathil17
by on Apr. 11, 2008 at 9:47 PM
I remember those days years ago in Miss. Many times my kids streaked after stepping on a mound of those nasty suckers. I never did more than calamine lotion or benadryl. Looks worse than it is. I finally got rid of most of them. Almost all of the mounds anyway. I put cornmeal into the mound. When the little worker ants bring it to the queen. She eats it and it swells and she explodes and dies. When that happens all the others vacate to find a new queen. Seemed to work for me. But it is hard to keep the kids inside when it's so nice out.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured