Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

anyone have any ideas?

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2008 at 6:39 PM
  • 7 Replies
what can my almost 4yr old do during naptime so his brother (2 1/2) and sister (1 yr) can still take their naps?  is he  too young to have a tv in his room? what else could he do quietly  in  his room  preferably  for this  time? he usually doesnt take naps anymore.
by on Apr. 11, 2008 at 6:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Sarah-Jeanne
by on Apr. 11, 2008 at 6:41 PM
How about coloring, drawing, or some kind of art project. You could even read him a few books too. Those are things I did with my oldest with our 2nd daughter was born.

Sarah-Jeanne

* Proud Wife to Donnie Klein, #28 *

* Proud mother to Rayven & Raecee * 

presleymommyof2
by on Apr. 11, 2008 at 6:41 PM
You could give him a stack of books so he can look at them. Or maybe a coloring book and crayons and let him lay on the floor and color.
hailnbray
by on Apr. 11, 2008 at 6:42 PM
what about watching a movie in ur room or the living room

Do you remember that kid in the store, You know the one I am talking about. He was jumping up and down, making all kinds of noises, Screaming and crying. You thought his mom should give him a smack, You thought his mom must not care about that kid for him to act this way. You put down her parenting style, you thought that would never be my child. remember?

you thought wrong, 1 in150 kids have autism.

lrjam
by on Apr. 11, 2008 at 6:42 PM
Where do the other 2 nap?  Maybe they can sleep in the bed room and the other one can have mommy and me playtime.  If you have an ocean state job lot or walmart around, there are lots of cheep crafts there.  Maybe finding a nice computer game would be good.
VBKL
by on Apr. 11, 2008 at 6:57 PM
COLORS!! every kid loves art time!! have him draw his sibling pictures, or have him help you with dishes or folding towels. My little brother( thisis kinda gross) LOVEs to clean the toilets with those toilet wands. Hes been doing it as a chore for alsmot 3 years. Having him do "big boy" stuff when they sleep is perfect. And ass far as a TV goes i see noe problem. Noggin is on 24 hrs a day and it has really good shows for them. Or he can hev his alone time with a favorite movie!
mommieto608
by on Apr. 11, 2008 at 6:57 PM
matchbox cars?
My son loves them!

Tara, Mommy to 5, Expecting #6!

GumbyGirl65
by on Apr. 11, 2008 at 7:40 PM
The best thing that worked for both of my kids was the LeapFrog Reading and Writing System. We purchased  2 of them when they were four years old. Both of them were able to stay focused for hours. We even brought them in the car when we traveled. Plus it was educational.

I saw some on sale on the LeapFrog website, Ebay and on Craiglist.

GG
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN