Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

eating food for the first time

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2008 at 7:30 PM
  • 5 Replies
Today my doctor said my 4 month old could start eating cereal. She is to eat it in the morning and at night. So now I am wondering how many bottles should she have during the day and how much should I give her. Before food she was eating 5 bottles with one of them being at 3 am. The amounts were either 5 or 6 onces. Thanks for the help!
by on Apr. 11, 2008 at 7:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
JADIEBUG
by on Apr. 11, 2008 at 7:32 PM
Cereal should never replace bottles. Cereal is for practice only - has no nutritional value.
mimi718
by on Apr. 11, 2008 at 7:37 PM
I was told, because I had the same question, that as long as the baby is getting 18-24oz of formula in a 24hr period they are fine.

KaraBrown
by on Apr. 11, 2008 at 7:44 PM
I am going to be honest I do not know.  I am in the same boat you are.  But I just wanted to give you a "bump" to keep your post active.  Good Luck
WldHrts
by on Apr. 11, 2008 at 7:46 PM
What I've heard from doctors is that you give them their milk and then give them a tablespoon or two of cereal.  This is for that age group and then as they get older you can increase the amount.
gypsydancer7
by on Apr. 11, 2008 at 7:47 PM
WOW!! Im pretty dense tonite....when I saw the title I thought you were talking about yourself......I need to go to bed...

Come Join the Fun at Proud Stay at Home Moms!

No rules just FUN!!! http://www.cafemom.com/group/38862

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured