Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

I THINK MY BABY HATES ME...

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2008 at 7:53 PM
  • 3 Replies

I know how that sounds... Honestly I do! I hate saying this..or even typing this. I want to believe that she doesn't but I see things she does with everyone but me. She is 3 months old...she is starting to laugh and giggle...she's very explorative. She does the babytalk thing to everyone but me... I feel like I'm failing with this baby. I have three kids... Kaitlyn is the youngest..the other two are ages 2 and 5. I work fulltime and I spend every waking hour I can with my kids..I have an untangible bond with my other two but I feel like I am failing with my baby. I feel like she doesn't like me for some reason... I just don't know what to do.. I hired a babysitter so I could go back to work and my baby even talks to her...a stranger. What are your opinions on this?

by on Apr. 11, 2008 at 7:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
kathil17
by on Apr. 11, 2008 at 8:00 PM
First of all sweetheart, take a deep breath. Your baby does not hate you. She is just a baby. Second of all I think there may be signs of postpartum depression. You may not have had this with your other two, however, your plate is very full and hectic. If you are caring for the baby when you just rush in or between supper and taking care of the other two, the baby may feel your stress. That is normal. When you hold your baby block everything but her out if possible. If you are picking her up just to pacify her and stir the spaghetti at the same time it's stressful for both of you.  Get the other two in front of a movie and/or in bed early. Then take time for just the two of you. Don't give in to this feeling of failure. You have proven that you are not just by being supermom which is why you feel the way you do. I know it's ironic. We do everything in our power to provide what is needed and do the right thing...so how come we feel so bad, right? This will pass. Take the time to bond one on one and you should see the difference. I used to go in my room with dim lights and put on some soothing music. Did a world of wonders for both of us and they usually calm down and respond to you.
janomoma
by on Apr. 11, 2008 at 8:09 PM
now i want you to relax....a baby doesnt even know how
to hate....try to relax and put your kids and baby on a schedule...if you are
trying to do to many things at once....you can get over stressed and kids
pick up on this...when my kids where little i always had calm music on
and put them under the little play mat or on their tummy with a mirror...
while i was cooking or what ever...the best time for you to connect with
your baby is during feeding or bath time...try to give a massage after
bath to calm your baby and talk, sing or coo to the baby...best wishes.
Bethy86
by on Apr. 11, 2008 at 8:12 PM
I used to think the same thing. I felt like my baby wanted to be around everyone but me. My daughter just turned 5 months today and she just recently statred to show interest in me! Give it time, it will come.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN