Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Scared

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2008 at 8:01 PM
  • 4 Replies
Hi I am new to this site and I just found out I am pregnant with my 2nd child.  I have a 5 yr old.  I am in college doing nursing I am supposed to start clinical in Sept. I really need to finish school I don't know if its possible with 2 kids Any advise?
by on Apr. 11, 2008 at 8:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MomToMags
by on Apr. 11, 2008 at 8:03 PM
Congratulations on the pregnancy and the nursing.  Juggling things is hard, that's for sure.  Anything is possible though.  Try to plan as much in advance as you can and remember not to be afraid to ask for help when / if you need it.

GOOD LUCK

www.histio.org

As always, Just My Opinion!
Karen

goodolbikerchik
by on Apr. 11, 2008 at 8:03 PM
First off,are you alone in this pregnancy or have you a partner?As far as having it or not well that is most definiely your personal choice..Think hard hon and follow your heart..
----- Visit my CafeMom homepage at http://www.cafemom.com/home/goodolbikerchik
bgoody
by on Apr. 11, 2008 at 8:07 PM
It's hard to predict (actually its IMPOSSIBLE to predict) how a pregnancy will go so that's hard to plan for. If I were you, I'd just try my hardest to get as far in school as possible while you can. Just don't take on more than you can handle otherwise. Do you have anyone (ie: family, friends) to help take the load off? I know if I had someone close to me in your situation I'd do everything I could to help. Sometimes all you gotta do is ask! Your education is sooo important so just do the best you can without getting yourself worked up or stressed cause that wouldn't be good for any of you. Good luck!
kathil17
by on Apr. 11, 2008 at 8:09 PM
If you are serious about your schooling, which you are obviously, then daycare will have to be the answer. If your 5 yr old is ready for school she will be taken care of for the daytime. I would start getting recommendations for local daycares in your area from those you trust. I know you don't want to pop out a kid and hand them over, but, you are well on your way to a good career and shouldn't stop. This is, afterall, for your children you are doing this. So they could have a good life. It's hard at first but will work out in the end when there is a routine. Just remember one very important thing. Never, never feel guilty about leaving your baby or 5 yr old with someone else. Or think that someone else is raising your baby. That kind of thinking will wear you down. Remember always to keep a positive thought going. What you are doing will benefit all of you. Good luck with this and get going on the daycare thing. You didn't specify having any family help so I am going to assume there isn't any for you. That would also be an avenue to check first before daycare. Otherwise most providers need advance notice to take an opening for the coming year. Hopefully this is at least a little helpful to you. Don't be scared. You are human.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN