Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working on standing and walking

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2008 at 9:46 PM
  • 4 Replies
My daughter can stand for a few seconds on her own. We are going to disney next week for a week and I dont want the steriotypical 1 steps at disney. I worked there for to long to have my child take her 1 steps there. i would like her to be able to walk by the time we get there so she can run around with her 2 year old aunt. Any suggestions. i have tried putting shoes on her feet to help stabalize her.
pregnancy week by week

baby
This signature is very tall. Try to keep it shorter than this green section.
by on Apr. 11, 2008 at 9:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mommytolots
by on Apr. 11, 2008 at 9:51 PM
actually if you can let her walk around we no shoes or socks on (inside anyway) that would be better! she can grip better! just continue putting her on her feet as much as possible-if you have walker use it about 30 minutes at a time 3 -4 times a day. also try holding her hands and getting her to walk. you can even try 1 hand at a time to get her to balance mor.im not sure if a week is enough time though!
blkdiamond305
by on Apr. 11, 2008 at 9:52 PM
There aint nothing wrong with waiting untl your kid start walking to go to disney. I feel the same way.
love-javier
by on Apr. 11, 2008 at 10:02 PM
ha ha I dont think that if she barely starts walking she will be able to run....its kinda something they do in their own time too!
JADIEBUG
by on Apr. 11, 2008 at 10:06 PM
No shoes are best! There is no sure way to get them walking - it just comes with time. Plus for the first month or so after the first steps - she will just be getting used to it. So there would be no running or fast motions.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured