Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

pool cleaning questions

Posted by on May. 6, 2008 at 12:01 PM
  • 5 Replies
We have an above ground pool that we have tried to clean out several times and the pump never seems to work right. How much would it cost to have someone come clean it? Or how much did you pay to have yours cleaned?
by on May. 6, 2008 at 12:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
jeromeo
by on May. 6, 2008 at 12:24 PM
We have the above ground pool and we have bought one everyother year because the filter does not last and they get nast.  You can scrub it with a scrub brush and bleach and then use a towel but it is a pain.  I don't know if you can have someone clean those.  Unless you have a different kind of pool than what I am thinking of.  We have the 15 ft. 4.5 ft. deep plastic pool with metal frame.  Is that the kind you have?
jeromeo
by on May. 6, 2008 at 12:24 PM
We have also ordered new pumps from the company before....
lovemy2boys87
by on May. 6, 2008 at 12:47 PM
We have a sand pump and it should drain out all of the water but it stops draining when it gets below the skimmer. Our pool is a 24x4 metal frame.
staceybeck01
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:14 AM

We used to get commercial pool cleaning Mesa AZ (http://www.davispoolservice.com/) when we had a pool and although I can't tell you an exact price, I remember it not being too bad.   It's worth it to have it professionally cleaned especially if your kids are going to be spending a lot of time in it all summer. 

DaniandTom
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:35 AM

Although I have never had an above ground pool--only in ground ones, I have had a sand pump before and frankly didn't like it at all! I could never figure out how to backwash it to clean the sand and I don't think it did as good a job as a regular filter one.  That being said, in an in ground pool, there is a hole in the skimmer that leads to the pipes going to the filtration system. Stick your pool vaccume hose in there and put the other end at the bottom of the pool and it will continue to drain the pool.

Quoting lovemy2boys87:

We have a sand pump and it should drain out all of the water but it stops draining when it gets below the skimmer. Our pool is a 24x4 metal frame.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN