Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

How did you feel before you went into labor?

Posted by on May. 14, 2008 at 4:52 PM
  • 18 Replies
I'm curious to know if there are any specific symptoms or feelings right before you start having real labor contractions. I want it to happen already, damn it!
by on May. 14, 2008 at 4:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
connorsmama06
by on May. 14, 2008 at 4:54 PM
I never felt it in my stomach. My legs hurt a little. When it was real labor my legs felt like a cow was kicking them. I am so sorry I am not much help.
Nikki_21_2
by on May. 14, 2008 at 4:54 PM
Well for the most part I was just uncomfortable in every sense of the word. And I had the urge to hurry up and clean everything but couldn't really move. I had told my DH early that day that I just didn't feel right then that night when I was on the phone with a good friend of mine I had contractions.
Every Mom rocks because we are MOM's!!!
natashaz
by on May. 14, 2008 at 4:58 PM
my mom told me bofore she was about to have me she felt like she was about to start her period she thought  something was wrong so she went in and the doc said " no your not about to have a period your about to have a baby" so idk mabie thats what its like.
kalio
by on May. 14, 2008 at 4:59 PM
Well, with my 1st my water broke at night. And all that day I was bitchy,moody,my lower back hurt BAD and I couldn't stay still...I had to have an emergency c-section after my water broke so I have never felt a contraction...And I had no clue I was having back labor!! lol
Shannon85
by on May. 14, 2008 at 5:02 PM
so the first time around. i lost my mucus plug and started cramping and having "contractions" (they were painful but not getting more painful. and very inconsistant)

the second time around.  i went to bed saying "fine i accept that i will be pregant on christmas" (i was due the 26th) well I ended up waking up with having contractions and having him the next afternoon

i guess this is the rule: every one has a different experience. every pregnancy is different, and it can happen in a snap of the fingers

~Shannon, Mom of 1 Girl and 1 Boy. . .so far

preview imagepreview image

Do You Play Xbox 360? Join us at  Moms Who 360

Jo-Anna
by on May. 14, 2008 at 5:02 PM
I was in the bathroom a lot the day before I went into labor. And not just those constant "i have to pee" visits either.

Also, with my 2nd, for some reason my stomach was super itchy for several days before I went into labor. I finally bought some aveeno wash and lotion and that night my water started to leak. I felt kinda off all day too. Everything just seemed more uncomfortable for some reason. The contractions themselves were like cramps at first, then they felt like really bad period cramps which for me goes down into my legs as well as my stomach.
maryinger
by on May. 14, 2008 at 5:05 PM
to be honest, the night before i went into labor, i felt just the same as any other day. then i woke up at 2 a.m. with contractions, and the only reason i knew they were real instead of braxton hicks was b/c my lower back was cramping really bad with each one, like a period, and when i went to pee, i lost my plug. it's different for every person....
Jemmy
by on May. 14, 2008 at 5:05 PM
Tired, sleepy, and sick (just worked a 9 hours shift, got off at 2am and water broke ten mins later with a terrible cold) I know beforehand that I was going into to labor that day just becasue I was tired, achy, and had no energy. I also had plans the next day so I figured that would be when it would happen, lol
kristanBellasMa
by on May. 14, 2008 at 5:07 PM
A week before I had her my gums started bleeding when I brushed my teeth and I started getting nose bleeds. a friend of mine said this was becauce my cervix was thinning. I am not sure if that is true or not but those are two things that happened to me. Also look for your last final cleaning spree.
Mama_Naama
by on May. 14, 2008 at 5:13 PM
I get period feeling cramps all the time. But my midwife said that it's just my body preparing for labor. As long as no fluids or blood has been leaking, I'm fine.

Also, I'll get these crazy stabbing pains in my inner thigh. And I get random lower back pains.

I guess as long as they aren't consistant, I'm not ready yet.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN