Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

My 3 month old has the stomach flu!!!!!!

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2008 at 4:59 PM
  • 5 Replies
Ok, I need some ideas as to how to help him get better. Im a first time mother and I was told if he had a temp over 102.1 to take him in. Well, he had 102.5. We cooled him down with a cool bath and his temp went back to normal. he ate, then went down for a nap. When he got up he was 102.4 and we took him to the er because we had had the same thing and it was a brutal strain on us and we wanted to be sure what to do. So ten hours later we got done with the er and he had nothing wrong but a virus so we took him home for a few hours then to the docs later on that day like we were told. They said only to give tylenol if the fever spikes. But he had a 100.1 this morning after ten hours no tylenol, but every time I touched him he would shriek like I was killing him (body aches because we had the same thing and it hurt to move at one point for me) Is that ok?

So no temp but he appeared to be in extreme pain (id never heard him shriek like that...ever.) so I gave him the dose the dr said to give and he started eating and was chipper enough to watch a movie in his swing.

Now bear in mind when this baby isnt hungry he is super happy gigley smiley. He has always been a super happy baby so thats how I know hes in pain.

If anyone has any homeopathic (non drug involving) remedies to keep him more comfortable I would be so thankful. I dont want to just keep pumping my kid full of tylenol. I am giving him 2 oz of pedialite with each feeding (since he is sweating like mad and having runs) and that seems to make him feel better (hes finally napping without moaning)

TacoBell Goddess aka. The Princess of TacoBell

Introducing the Crown Prince!

DO YOU WORK IN FAST FOOD? CHECK OUT MY NEW GROUP: FAST FOOD MOMMIES!!

WWW.CAFEMOM.COM/43579

by on Jun. 20, 2008 at 4:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MissTacoBell
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2008 at 6:01 PM
bump
-The Princess of Taco Bell
kalio
by on Jun. 20, 2008 at 6:24 PM
Sounds like you're doing a good job already. I don't really know of any homeopathic things to do for him. Just give him lots of extra love!
And fever's can be a good sign too, it means the body is fighting off the virus. Esp when it's a very low grade fever. A lot of first time mommy's get fever phobia! (I was there too!). I'm sure everything will be fine. Just keep him comfy!
suej27
by on Jun. 20, 2008 at 6:28 PM
My DD has the stomach flu when she was 2 weeks old.  I didn't take her to the er but her ped.  All I could do was keep her hydrated, keep her on tylenol, and not bundle her up too much.  As much as I hate medicines, I had to just keep medicated because she was just too little.  It does sound like you're doing ok, just breathe, it won't last forever !
britishnanny
by on Jun. 20, 2008 at 6:30 PM
Sounds like you are doing everything right, keeping him hydrated is very important right now, and controlling his temp. I find that motrin works way better for temps and it lasts longer. Just keep doing what you are doing, if his soft spot on the top of his head is very indented, if his diapers are dry, no pee, and he stops crying tears he could be dehydrated, so watch for this, it is frustrating not being able to help them, but he will be better soon. I would avoid herbal stuff that could upset his stomach more, a few days of tylenol won't hurt him. Good luck.
snuggs328
by on Jun. 20, 2008 at 6:33 PM
my son just had this  so i know what u are going though i'm a first time mom to  just do what u are doing and love and hold  ur lil one
Quoting britishnanny:

Sounds like you are doing everything right, keeping him hydrated is very important right now, and controlling his temp. I find that motrin works way better for temps and it lasts longer. Just keep doing what you are doing, if his soft spot on the top of his head is very indented, if his diapers are dry, no pee, and he stops crying tears he could be dehydrated, so watch for this, it is frustrating not being able to help them, but he will be better soon. I would avoid herbal stuff that could upset his stomach more, a few days of tylenol won't hurt him. Good luck.

THE TWO LOVES OF MY LIFE

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)