Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

essure...anybody had it done?

Posted by on Jun. 23, 2008 at 11:47 PM
  • 10 Replies
im 23 and have had 3 babys. 2 of my 3 pregnencys were complicated.i almost died with one and my baby passed away then one shouldnt be here according to the drs. Becouse of this i dont want to get prego anymore and am thinking about the new essure but would like some advise!!!
by on Jun. 23, 2008 at 11:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2twobabes
by on Jun. 24, 2008 at 12:02 AM
I havent heard of that.....?  Is that the thing where they insert something in your tubes and scar tissue forms around it so it blocks your tubes? not sure.....

Do you have a hubby.....? If so.....you've had enough to deal with....send him for the snippity snip........hehehehehe
rhianonmat
by on Jun. 24, 2008 at 12:03 AM
Don't do it!   My cousin is having massive complications from this thing.  There is a class action lawsuit over this procedure, also.

If my breastfeeding offends you, feel free to put a blanket over your head.

littlejreece
by on Jun. 24, 2008 at 12:39 AM
I had not heard of Essure before I read your post, but this is what I found regarding the risks and complications:

www.centerforwomen.com/MainFrames/essuref.htm

I hope it helps you--good luck!
eileenb0124
by on Jun. 24, 2008 at 8:39 AM
It is very permanent, but very effective. I used to work for a gyn surgeon that performed this as well as trained other surgeons. Complications depend a lot on your surgeon. 2 of the other nurses in the office had it done. It is pretty easy as far as recovery, and then they do a follow up test called and HSG 3 mo later to make sure that the tubes are completely blocked. It is not reversable as opposed to tubal ligation. just some info.....
kwbabygirl
by on Jun. 24, 2008 at 10:27 AM
thanks for the info!!!
kwbabygirl
by on Jun. 24, 2008 at 10:28 AM
He said he would but here we are almost 9 months later and its not done yet!!!
Quoting mom2twobabes:

I havent heard of that.....?  Is that the thing where they insert something in your tubes and scar tissue forms around it so it blocks your tubes? not sure.....

Do you have a hubby.....? If so.....you've had enough to deal with....send him for the snippity snip........hehehehehe
Tabby904
by on Jun. 25, 2008 at 12:35 PM
I had it done. Its simple you go in for out patient surgy probley max of 5hrs go home some day. Next day back to normal like nothing was done. There like coils they put in ur tubes and after 3mths your 100% blocked. No more baby factory. I love that I had it done. I hope that helps. Best wishes
SquishyMommyof2
by Member on Jun. 25, 2008 at 12:49 PM
I know 2 people who have had it, 1 got pregnant with it and the other hasnt (so far)

Alyssa

Unschooling,cloth-diapering, non-vaxing, homebirthing, super crunchy mom to Landen, Gage and Seven

"When most people seem happy with their circumstances, the discontent of a minority can easily be dismissed. The history of the world shows the vast majority, in every generation, passively accept the conditions into which they are born, while those who demand larger liberties are ever a small, ostracized minority, whose claims are ridiculed and ignored." - Well Behaved Women Seldom Make History

Seven's Birth

SquishyMommyof2
by Member on Jun. 25, 2008 at 12:50 PM
It isnt 100% effective, nothing is.
Quoting Tabby904:

I had it done. Its simple you go in for out patient surgy probley max of 5hrs go home some day. Next day back to normal like nothing was done. There like coils they put in ur tubes and after 3mths your 100% blocked. No more baby factory. I love that I had it done. I hope that helps. Best wishes

Alyssa

Unschooling,cloth-diapering, non-vaxing, homebirthing, super crunchy mom to Landen, Gage and Seven

"When most people seem happy with their circumstances, the discontent of a minority can easily be dismissed. The history of the world shows the vast majority, in every generation, passively accept the conditions into which they are born, while those who demand larger liberties are ever a small, ostracized minority, whose claims are ridiculed and ignored." - Well Behaved Women Seldom Make History

Seven's Birth

fairymaid23
by on Jun. 28, 2008 at 8:21 AM
If u dont want kids have, get fixed- yea it sounds bad. but seriously get ur tubes tied. If anything later u can have it undone.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)