Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

recurring uterine infections..... PLEASE REPLY!!!!!!

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2008 at 2:11 AM
  • 4 Replies
ever since i had my son 13 months ago i keep havin uterine infections..... well i went in to c my obgyn and i got it again. he told me it could cause multi problems for my future. like havin problems havin kids, cancer ect. and he also said some women dont ever get rid of it. they just have outbreaks. he said its caused by bacteria entering the uterus. well im freakin out. has any1 herd of this? does any1 have this problem???? man im so nerves.........
by on Jul. 7, 2008 at 2:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
LilmomaShan
by on Jul. 7, 2008 at 2:16 AM
Sorry I've never heard of it. Maybe try googling it or something. Sorry to hear about your problem.
phynyxfyre
by on Jul. 7, 2008 at 2:30 AM
 Found this info online on a pretty comprhensive, respected medical evaluator's site. Basically, they will give you antibiotics every time. Doesn't really go into why this occurs, but becuase it is a bacterial infection, I would suggest making your dh or bf shower before intercourse. Also have the ob/gyn check for portions of the placenta remaining in the uterus if he hasn't already. This can cause it. Good luck!

Pathophysiology

The major predisposing clinical factor for pelvic infections is cesarean delivery The frequency and severity are greater after abdominal delivery than after vaginal delivery uterine infection, endomyometritis, endometritis. The incidence after vaginal delivery is only 1-3%, whereas the incidence after abdominal delivery is 5-10 times greater. Those patients who undergo elective cesarean section (with no labor and no rupture of membranes) have lower rates than do those who undergo emergency or nonelective procedures (with labor, rupture of membranes, or both) uterus.

Prolonged labor and premature ruptured membranes are the two most common risk factors associated with after cesarean birth. The number of vaginal examinations, socioeconomic status, and internal fetal monitoring have also been implicated.

Endometritis is a polymicrobial, with a mixture of aerobes and anaerobes. Aerobes include gram-negative bacilli (eg, E coli) and gram-positive cocci (eg, group B streptococci). Anaerobic organisms have major roles in after cesarean birth; they are found in 80% of specimens. The most common isolated organism is Bacteroides.

Clinical evaluation

The diagnosis of endometritis is based on the presence of fever and the absence of other causes of fever. Uterine tenderness, especially parametrial, and purulent or foul-smelling lochia are common.

Laboratory studies, with the exception of blood cultures, are usually not helpful.

Treatment

Clindamycin-gentamicin most effective regimen, a combination that is curative in 85-95% of patients.

Gentamicin 100 mg (2 mg/kg) IV load, then 100 mg (1.5 mg/kg) IV q8h.

Clindamycin, 600-900 mg IV q8h.

Sharon7772
by on Jul. 7, 2008 at 2:55 AM
When you feel a UTI coming on, take some Alka Seltzer, it's not just for tummies anymore!!
krissysue7
by on Oct. 19, 2012 at 1:32 PM
I know this post was many years ago, but I hope you still visit this sight. I have had recurring uterien infections for what I am assuming to be for years. I had my son after an antibiotic treatment for an infection before we concived him in 2009, he was born in2010. My infection has gone undetected for many years, and I seem to have outbrakes a lot lately. I've olny disovered the "issue" after trying for another baby and now sufferning from recurrent miscarriages. I have insisted for years that I have an infection, but its SO rare, that no one ever took me seriously. Now I finally had a culture sent up for testing, and I have 2 bacterias growing, gornerhal, and group b strep. I am hoping to have another baby before I have to deal with any of this. What have you found out about for your future?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)