Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Is Miralax safe when breastfeeding?

Posted by on Sep. 30, 2008 at 9:37 PM
  • 6 Replies

I took some and forgot to check first so before I feed my 4.5 week old I need to make sure it was okay. That was so silly of me but has any of you taken it while pregnant or bfing??

by on Sep. 30, 2008 at 9:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Mommy2Be6507
by on Sep. 30, 2008 at 9:38 PM

my doctor told me it was ok to take miralax or colace .... my baby was not even 1 week old when that.....

Proud Mommy of a true Princess

augustmommy08
by on Sep. 30, 2008 at 9:42 PM

thanks I have a hemoroid - first one ever - and it sucks. I don't even know how I got it. I would say from the delivery but its been almost 5 weeks!

luvjulie
by on Sep. 30, 2008 at 10:52 PM

The majority of medications out there are safe when nursing. Such minute amounts of medication get into the breastmilk. You should be fine. 

JADIEBUG
by on Sep. 30, 2008 at 10:53 PM

It should be...My baby has to take it on a daily basis.

mamaboo0607
by on Oct. 1, 2008 at 9:36 AM

it should be oh k my sons been taking it for awhile they say if you are sick and have other problem that you should try not breastfeeding the baby but it that's about it. like i said my son takes it and i was taking it when i had him and he was fine

MAMA BOO 2007giving mom giftbaby girlbaby boy

JarrodWesKaleb
by on Oct. 1, 2008 at 10:36 AM

You should be just fine. My son has a bad constipation problem and the doctor told us when he was 3 weeks old to give it to him. We had to give it to him on a daily basis but have since tapered it off.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)