Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need advice on UGGS please-Update.

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 12:35 AM
  • 10 Replies

Want to get the classic short uggs in chestnut for my DD.  She is 8 yrs old and wears a size 3.5 sneaker that we bought in the fall for school.  I want these uggs to last a while.  I'm hoping she will wear then atleast til next fall.  So, some clerks say a 3 kids and others say a 4.  Any advice on those that have them? 

And, where to buy them?  I'm thinking uggsaustraila.com so that I can exchange them if need be.  All of the local stores are sold out and the ones I saw on ebay do not take returns.

Please no bashing on buying uggs for an 8 year old.  I have the cash on hand and this is what I want to do with it.

Tx.

Update.

Thanks all. Finally found a pair of size 4 on onlineshoes.com-free shipping and exchanges.

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 12:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Amybelle
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 12:40 AM

I'd go with the 4s, they might be a bit loose at 1st but they'll fit her longer. Also Get them at Zappos.com most of the time you'll get FREE shipping BOTH ways!!! (sometimes NEXT day delivery) and they're about $30.00 bucks cheaper than the UGGS site. ( I know cause my oldest asked for the exact same boot for Christmas !! She's 23 LOL)

iamme1414
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 12:46 AM

Thanks.  I was leaning towards the 4 but today a salesperson said 3.  He seemed to be knowledgable but my mom was with me and said he may of been trying to get me to buy the 3 he had-but it was the wrong color and she wants chestnut.  I'm not spending that much and not getting the color she wants. Thanks again.

Quoting Amybelle:

I'd go with the 4s, they might be a bit loose at 1st but they'll fit her longer. Also Get them at Zappos.com most of the time you'll get FREE shipping BOTH ways!!! (sometimes NEXT day delivery) and they're about $30.00 bucks cheaer than the UGGS site. ( I know cause my oldest asked for the exact same boot for Christmas !! She's 23 LOL)

kalio
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 12:55 AM

I agree! Zappos is awesome! We buy all my kids' shoes there now!!!

Quoting Amybelle:

I'd go with the 4s, they might be a bit loose at 1st but they'll fit her longer. Also Get them at Zappos.com most of the time you'll get FREE shipping BOTH ways!!! (sometimes NEXT day delivery) and they're about $30.00 bucks cheaer than the UGGS site. ( I know cause my oldest asked for the exact same boot for Christmas !! She's 23 LOL)

MS
we need to find a cure.

Are you a young teen mom? Feel you have no one to go to?
Want someone to trust and can ask them anything without fear of being judged?
If so,come check out Big Sister's. We're here to help you! :]
Or do you want to become a Big Sister?

http://www.cafemom.com/group/bigsisters

iamme1414
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 1:04 AM

Don't have what I need there.  Any others besides zappos?

Sirenabella
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 2:02 AM

I have the Uggs short boots. Love them. I've had them forever though so I don't know where to buy them right now. I just wanted to say that Uggs are meant to fit snug and are usually a size smaller than whatever size you normally wear.

ng319
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 4:28 AM

i just bought 2 pair this year i got the chocolate brown 2 months ago and the black ones last week and they do stretche out a little bit however since she is young and growing i would get the size 4 if anything she can always just wear thick socks this year. i bought mine at nordstrom and when i got the black ones they were back ordered and nortdsrom had a quicker shipping date than the other sites i got them in about a week. i would check all the sites as o when they are going to be getting a new shipment in try zappos, nordstrom, uggsaustralia, and even victorias secret websites and good luck hopefully you can get them before christmas, im in NY and EVERYWHERE is sold out. My friend wanted the grey coduroy ones, a new one this year and they were out of stock until JULY 09!!!!

LoriAnn87
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:53 AM
tyheamma
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:09 AM

I would buy the bigger size. Worst case scenario, they won't fit her right away (even though they probably will), but they will fit her longer.

iamme1414
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 1:19 PM

Thanks all.   I'm getting the 4 for sure.  Amazon will be my next look, then some of the others mentioned.

kingandqueen103
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 1:22 PM

I work in a shoe store & we sell UGGS (for women though, not kids).  What we tell people all the time is if you wear a half size, go down a half size.  Once the shearling compresses, they will get bigger.  That is probably what the other sales person was telling you as well.  That being said though, kids grow so fast & the 4 will definitely last her longer.  If you can find them, grab them b/c my manager tried to order some for her daughter from UGGS direct & they have no childrens sizes left at all in any color.  Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)